SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    FS: "RRA" Rock River Arms Commander 1911 (NOT Rock Island)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FS: "RRA" Rock River Arms Commander 1911 (NOT Rock Island) Login/Join 
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted
For sale is my "RRA" Rock River Arms Commander 1911 in .45 caliber. (Please DO NOT confuse this with RIA or Rock Island Armory). I ordered this pistol directly from RRA "07/30/07". My order was completed and delivered to my FFL on "03/18/08". This is almost 10 year old pistol and was fired very little (approx. 750-1000 rounds). RRA stopped producing 1911 pistols for few years, and just re-started last year. I don't believe they are offering the Commander Carry Model as it doesn't show in their website. This is a semi-custom built pistol. Some of the parts have matching "engraved" numbers from RRA (barrel, extractor, etc.)

Build sheet specification:
1. RRA Carry 45 ACP Pistol 4" (although this is 4.25 inch barrel).
2. 25 LPI
3. 25 LPI Ed Brown Bob Tail
4. RRA Border Slide (aka French Cut)
5. Novak Rear w/ Tritium White Outline; Tritium Front
6. No Front Cocking Serration
7. Black "T" finish entire pistol, including trigger
8. Aluma Slim Grips, Bushings and screws
9. KART National Match Barrel, KART Barrel Bushing

Total Cost in my Invoice is $2,395 + $70 for Aluma Slim Grips = $2,470..

I am selling this pistol for $1,850 $1,750 shipped from my FFL to your FFL. If you are LEO (current or retired), Military (current or retired), I will take $50 Off my asking price. USPS Money Order or Wells Fargo Bank Cashier's Check ONLY.

Disclosure: I had some Failure to Extract at around 750-800 rounds. The gunsmith at the range recommended that I install a new extractor. I purchased a new "LES BAER 1911 Match Grade Extractor" from the range. In house gunsmith installed it and problem seem to went away. I said "seem to went away" because I have not fired this pistol much after the extractor replacement. I have been carrying my 9mm commander 1911. I carried this pistol for few months. The Black "T" finish is holding up very well.

I still have the original extractor (Black T coated). I will include that, and the original black grips and original magazine (1). I am not sure of the original extractor just needed some adjustment or it really needed a replacement. This pistol is being SOLD "AS-IS" and "NO WARRANTY".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ador,

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1165 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Rock River Arms 1911 are legendary. If I did not already own one, I would be all over this one. I think they are among the best of the semi custom, production shop 1911s available. GLWS

Posts: 162 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Thanks mlazarus. It is a great gun. But I purchased a set of GunCrafter Industry commander in 9mm and .45. I rotate those two for my EDC. The RRA has been sitting in my safe. Might as well use the fund for another project.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ador,

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1165 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
http://postimages.org

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4108 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in seeing pictures. My email is in my profile. -Crash

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1230 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Cobra21, thanks for the link to the hosting site.

Crash, I emailed you back. Let me know if you need specific pictures of specific areas. I will email them directly to you.

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
Is the frame steel or aluminum?

Posts: 797 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
It’s all steel.

quote:
Originally posted by fallenangelhim:
Is the frame steel or aluminum?

NRA Life Member

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Will entertain reasonable offer.

NRA Life Member

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Any love for 1911? Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
Are you kidding? I love this. And I want it. (Never had a bobtail). But I can't even consider it until I hear the damage from my taxes. Should be any day now...

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1230 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
If I didn’t live in the ass backwards State I would be all over this !!!

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 3866 | Location: Mass | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned several rock river Arms guns through the years. They are phenomenal guns. Only reason this isn’t already mine is the caliber....after my shoulder was replaced I got rid of all my .45

Someone is getting s great gun at s great price

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 6742 | Location: Bristow, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Price drop to $1,700 shipped to your FFL. $50 OFF for LEO/MILITARY (active or retired).

NRA Life Member

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Another price drop. $1,650. Someone give this 1911 a new home. Smile

NRA Life Member