SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB M1905 Bayonet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB M1905 Bayonet Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
Looking for a 16" blade original, M1905 Bayonet with for my Garand.
Can't stand the thought of a Made in China stamp on a repro.
Email in profile.

Posts: 3736 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish you luck in your quest. Un-altered ones are hard to find. You may want to check the WWII forums/re-enacting forums. There was one on the CMP forum a while back.

Posts: 3338 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on the CMP Forums and the Trader subforum on Gunboards. They show up from time to time, but be prepared to jump on it quickly, and pay a steep price.

Posts: 27283 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pre-pandemic, there were always several at the Kane Co gun show.

Watch out for M1905 bayonets in the USN MKI scabbard from the plastic Navy training bayonet vs the M3 or earlier generations of scabbards.

They do repro the M3 and earlier M1910 scabbards as well. The Greeks also repaired US M3 scabbards with metal tips which I personally don't care for.

Posts: 529 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice.
I will keep my eyes open but may end up going for a 10" model.
Its not for collecting and I have no need to over spend for a conversation piece.

Posts: 3736 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind one that is a little salty, check out Gunderson Militaria: http://www.gundersonmilitaria....onetm1942afh1943.jpg

I think that would clean up a bit for $150.

Posts: 529 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.sarcoinc.com/milit...ts-knives-scabbards/

Take a look on here

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 6465 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I had checked Sarco but all the USGI were out of stock.
Maybe I will put in for a back order.