SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    67 Hardware in Jonesville, NC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

67 Hardware in Jonesville, NC Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted
So I'm in NC for work and while exploring the area last week I saw a sign for 67 Hardware saying they are a Case XX Knife dealer. I decided to swing by and was glad I did. While some might call this place a dump (ok it is kinda dumpy inside), they have hundreds of knives in stock. Case, Benchmade, Sypderco, CRKT, Boker, Gerber, Buck, Old Timer, Ka-Bar, Ontario and many more I'm missing. They also have hardware, guns and ammo (not a huge inventory on guns and prices on them are only so-so).

I picked up a NIB Benchmade 940 Osborne for $152 which is $30 cheaper than the big name knife stores that are online.

So if you are in the area of I77 @ Exit 82 (Elkin/Jonesville), check them out, you might find a deal.....

PS. Only the 1st image is mine. The others were pulled of the internet so I don't take credit for those photos.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that's my kind of store. Throw in some army surplus and I'll be back.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is awesome. I wish we had a store like that around here.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Yup, that Hardware store would cost me some molar!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Haha, we were just there 2 weeks ago!
My wife & I took my Harley over to Virginia Tech to see my son one more time before class started. Then headed down to Lake Norman Mooresville NC to visit my brother and his family.

As we went down I 77 there was that big sign on the right and I could hear my wife groan "oh great" (The same thing she says when we see gun shops and Pawn shops that I want to go into!).

The place is kinda dumpy, but has an old world feel to it, and the people were very nice. I bought a bunch of Case folders with bone handles for my nephews, and my wife picked up a nice mother of pearl Queen for herself.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
What do you mean, "dumpy?" That place looks like hardware stores should look. Pre Home Depot.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
That place is cool.
I've stopped there a couple times and picked up a few items.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've been past that exit a hundred times and keep saying I'll stop someday. Next time may be the day.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a cool store.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
For those of us to far away they are online @ 67hardware.com type knives into their search engine.

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Another reason to make a trip there. I-77 has some beautiful sights, especially on a clear day.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My family farm was/is 3 miles from there.

We had a family "credit line" there all my life growing up. It's a true mom and pop store. I went to school with their kids. Bought many guns and knives from them through the years.

It's expanded considerably through the years. Great people...truly kind and hard working people...the owners (David and Karen) and their grown kids still call me by my (VERY UNCOMMON) first name when I walk in, and I only pop in once every year or two now.

If anyone gets a chance to spend their money there, you are supporting truly good people.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That store started out Life as a food mart and let me tell you it put food lion to shame at the speed at which they bag groceries.

Now its a hardware store and ANYTHING you need David can get. Guns, lumber, plumbing even musical instrument (the onwer plays a harmonica and has a few first place ribbons).

It's a really cool store that if your in the area you should visit, also one of the few places i don't get mistakenly called by my brothers name....

They also do a lot of business on ebay

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That store and JR Tobacco were on the must stop list when trucking down I-77. Great place, great folks.

Posts: 542 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post