SIGforum
Deal Alert: Benchmade Rift 950-1

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/9760081124

March 17, 2017, 07:01 PM
EssKayR22
Deal Alert: Benchmade Rift 950-1
***Disclaimer: I have no affiliation or interest in this company other than my obsession with sharp objects.

I got an email from Knife Center about this deal on the Benchmade 950-1 Rift for only $129.95. This is as low as I've ever seen it since the change over to MAP. This version has black G10 handles and a satin, plain edge blade in good ol' 154cm.

This knife has been on my list for a few years now, but I just never took the plunge. It's been offered in a couple other variations through the years, some different handle colors/materials, some different steels. This is definitely the most basic version, and probably the most practical and utilitarian. I couldn't resist the deal and picked one up myself. They normally sell for around $165.

Here's the link:
https://www.knifecenter.com/it...m-2017-3-17&kcno=123

Picture stolen off the interwebs:

Also, if you enter in promo code "sandwichblk" on or before the 20th, you get a free (cheap) Mundial sandwich knife.

Thanks,

-sk
March 18, 2017, 07:29 AM
Ironbutt
That's a good price! I have one that's a few years old, with the gray/black handles. Good knife.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
March 18, 2017, 01:13 PM
EssKayR22
Yeah, I would have preferred the gray/black handles, but that one is still selling for $170. I guess this will just give me a chance to tinker or put some custom scales on mine. Should be a great knife. I'm excited. Smile
March 19, 2017, 12:20 AM
agony
An even better deal for the same knife for 99 bucks shipped.
Hurry, sale ends in 7 hours.
SMKW Rift on sale

This message has been edited. Last edited by: agony,

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"
March 19, 2017, 07:08 PM
agony
Just checked and the sale price at SMKW is still valid

March 20, 2017, 07:51 PM
EssKayR22
Oh man! I just emailed Knife Center to see if they will match the price. Either way, I still feel like it's a good deal on a great knife. Thanks for the heads-up,,!!
March 20, 2017, 08:17 PM
mekaus
yeah, thanks EssKayR22 and agony. I had to go ahead and order one. I went with SMKW.
March 20, 2017, 11:39 PM
EssKayR22
quote:
Originally posted by mekaus:
yeah, thanks EssKayR22 and agony. I had to go ahead and order one. I went with SMKW.

Good choice between the two!!
March 22, 2017, 11:43 AM
mmckown
Smokey Mountain KW deal still valid as of today. Ordered one this morning. $99 with free USPS Priority mail delivery.
March 22, 2017, 07:20 PM
agony
I'm almost tempted to get another just because, but I already have a plain grey/black 950, the 950-1, and two of the BM Forum Rifts.

March 22, 2017, 08:10 PM
EssKayR22
I called Knife Center today and they agreed to match the price for me by crediting my card the difference. Good people to work with so far. I'm really excited to get this knife. It should prove to be a real workhorse and I know it will get a lot of pocket time. The contego always seemed to be way too big and bulky for me, and I love the 940. This should be a great in-between.
March 22, 2017, 08:36 PM
agony
That's good news!
I've never had any probs with any of the big online knife stores. They seem to treat their customers better than many online merchants.

March 22, 2017, 08:56 PM
mekaus
I got mine today from SMKW. I like it more than thought I would. It's really not that big and the blade is sharp. I love the 940 and have three. I figured another Warren Osborne knife would be something I would like. Thanks again for the heads up.
March 23, 2017, 12:05 PM
EssKayR22
Wow! That is fast shipping. Mine isn't scheduled to arrive until the 28th and I ordered on the 17th. Glad you like yours. I really favor this size for edc.
March 23, 2017, 04:20 PM
agony
Just a little Rift love to get you excited about your knife's arrival. Smile

March 23, 2017, 10:04 PM
EssKayR22
Wow! Those are awesome, Agony! Wish I could get a regular mans' version of this knife with M4. Those are almost too beautiful to use Wink.
March 23, 2017, 10:10 PM
EssKayR22
Those came out before I joined the forum. Wish I had the chance at one of them back then. I don't foresee another opportunity for the Rift in M4.
March 24, 2017, 07:07 AM
mmckown
Ordered Tuesday AM. Got Thursday PM. +1 for SMKW.

Smaller than my current EDCs (ZT300, ZT452CF or large Seb). Nice little knife, a deal at $99.
March 28, 2017, 06:06 PM
EssKayR22
Well, it took 11 days to get here from the day I ordered, but I finally have it! It was GREAT of them to match the SMKW price as well. Here it is pictured with the SAK that was also on sale (needed one for the collection, plus shipped free with the BM), and the free sandwich knife with the coupon code (hey, it was free after all).

This size knife is perfect for my uses and everyday carry. The action on the axis lock is rough, but when it smooths out, it will be perfect. The pivot is a tiny bit loose, but the blade has perfect action. I would prefer the old style clip, but this will do. I LOVE the all black hardware. The laser markings are quite dark on this one. I really like it. It has almost a bronze color to it that is quite attractive. The handle fits my hand very well, and I don't feel any sharp edges or hot spots as of yet. I'm going to call this one a winner, even though I've only had it an hour. Ha!
March 28, 2017, 06:21 PM
EssKayR22
And, here it is pictured with my other Osborne (RIP) designed Benchmades.

Boomerangs and Butterflies:

The Kulgera (bottom) was my first Benchmade. The new Rift is in the middle. And the classic 940 on top is my most carried and used. That is subject to change now.