SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Could someone help me with a sparpening link?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could someone help me with a sparpening link? Login/Join 
posted
Title pretty much says it all. Awhile back I saw that someone had posted several links to sharpen knives. I was going to check it out but didn't have time. By the time I could actually sit down and watch I couldn't find it.

I remember it was two or three links. The gentleman was using wooden knives to explain what he was doing. Any help would e appreciated. Thanks,

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you wanting to learn to sharpen by hand?

If so check out Murray Carter Videos.

https://blog.poachedjobs.com/2...-to-sharpen-a-knife/

If you want to find the best guided sharpening system check out videos on the Russian Profile sharpener.

If you are wanting to do Convex edges, Knivesshipfree.com has some good convex sharpening videos:

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/knife-sharpening/

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought/use the Ken Onion WorkSharp. Easy to use and fast. I have done all my neighbors kitchen sets for them.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of ways to skin that cat. One of easiest is to convex your edges and learn to use a strop. Sit in front of tv, pay very very little attention to angles and then all of a sudden sharp knife. Plus very easy to maintain in the field.

I also do apex pro and wicked edge for knives I want to recreate or improve v grind on. They both work extremely well. For me , edge goes to wicked edge for ease.

Hand sharpening you are on your own. Never had the patience and I don’t sharpen enough knives to stay current even if I did.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post