SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Spyderco ParaMilitary 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spyderco ParaMilitary 2 Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
I considered getting a Spyderco Military, but decided it was too large. That was the right choice. This Paramilitary is large, but not too big for practical carry. The whole blade is 3.4" long and the handle is 4.75". It is quite light for its size, which may be more important for comfortable carry. This also has a clip which can be moved from top to bottom and left to right, which is nice. The Military has only one place for the clip, which is tip down, which I don't like.

This version is S110V, which I haven't used before. I think it will be like S30V, but more so. The blade is not too thick, and flat ground. It should slice very nicely. Many knives made now are in the super-heavy-tactical-prybar style. They seem impressive, and are. But the very thick blades make them heavy, and too thick to be good cutters. This blade shape and thickness has great cutting geometry.

As a bonus, I like the blue-purple color of the G-10. It is lightly textured and the edges are broken. Nothing to wear out your pocket.

The lock is what Spyderco calls a compression lock. A piece of the liner swings into position between the blade and the stop pin and into a notch on the back of the blade. You don't have to put your finger in front of the blade to release the lock.

I am pleased. I am becoming more a fan of Spyderco.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I love the color of those handles!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Looks really heavy duty compared to my Endura.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
It's Blurple. After reading your brief review, I now want to go check one out at the Cabellas or Bass Pro near me.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
For all the lefties, Spyderco just released a 500-unit run of left handed PM2s

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My brother carries a Para2, I've handles it and it's nice. If I didn't already have a Military, I'd be tempted by a Para2.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I have a PM2 in 30v & a Native5 in 110v. I think you'll find the 110v to be a little harder than the 30v & will hold an edge longer.

I avoided Spydercos for years because I just thought they looked weird. After actually handling & using them though, I realized that a lot of thought went into the designs & they actually work very well.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I love the PM2, my favorite pocket knife. I wear a black blade/digi camo handle every single day.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
A PM2 is next for me, for sure.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Until just recently, a PM2 rode in my pocket every day. Nice choice!

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club! I got that same knife last summer and since have two more PM 2's.

I toO wenT from the "tactical" HD knives to the more svelt Spyderco's--I really like them.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1640 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
You bastards! I already have a CF/M4 PM2, one of my favorites, but here you go, on and on, and next thing I know there's a "blurple" G-10/S110v one in my shopping cart. You bastards!

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love both of mine. This is my EDC now.

Image deleted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimineer,

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post