SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    How Big is your Bowie knife?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Big is your Bowie knife? Login/Join 
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted
I have a 11 1/2" coated stainless steel blade,with the handle it'a 16 3/8" overall.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
The only one I have is a Kinfolks V44; 9.5" blade, 14" overall.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this is the biggest standard bowie we make. i think it has a 9.0" blade. we don't get many requests for a larger blade than that.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've really only owned a couple of Bowie style knives.

Ron Newton 11" blade, sold it years ago:

Ron Newton, small "Sheriff's Bowie", 5" Blade, a keeper:

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3396 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Back when Obasm made ivory illegal, a fool at the big Louisville show offered up a genuine Randall 12-12" on the cheap. Yes, it had an elephant ivory handle. My resident Randall expert said it dates to maybe 1954. I bought it and love it. Its even got the brass back brazed/welded in place.

Looking at it, you can't tell if its ever been used. I can tell you that it has... Big Grin

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I got one of these⚔️⚔️

https://imgur.com/a/dGEo0P8

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have an Ontario Marine Raider Bowie that I found when out hunting. It's a beast, and is my "Truck Knife". Blade is 9 3/4".

I also have a 75th Anniversary Buck 119 with a 6"blade. My Bowie itch is fully scratched.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a V-44, but mine is a Collins. I was given it as gift in 1946 by a Marine Cpl.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

10" blade

Posts: 4017 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

10" blade

The knife is fantastic, what is the revolver almost big enough to be a walker colt

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Actually the revolver is a 1861 Navy .36, same styling as the 1860 .44 but a bit smaller overall. The Walker is quite a lot bigger than either one. This model was a favorite of Wild Bill.

Posts: 4017 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post