SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Lucked into a Buck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lucked into a Buck Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I have wanted a Buck 119, with brass mounting and wooden handle for years. The prices and availability are all over the place, and at some times wood seems to be completely unavailable. Every now and then I google to see what's out there, and surprise, Walmart online had the right stock number for $66.75, but showed the wrong picture (a folder). So I read the description and took a shot at it.

To my astonishment, not only did they ship the right knife, but it is the 75th Anniversary Edition. I am a happy camper. Not the world's toughest 6" knife, nor the most tactical, nor the fanciest steel, but they do work and last a couple of lifetimes with good care.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great score! I also love my Buck 119.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Of all the fixed blades, It's my favorite.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago I bought some nice Ingrams to use as hunting knives for future trips with my sons. The plan was eventually to hand the knives down to my boys as something to remember the hunts. Fast forward 2 years and the the Ingrams havent left the safe as we've just been hunting locally and have forgone the out of state trips where I figured the biy would have fonder memeories of. So the 110 and 119 have been the workhorses and have in they eyes of my 2 sons become part of the tools we bring when hunting, inadvertently displacing the much nicer Ingrams. I still have the Ingrams but both of the boys got their own 110's this years with 119's to come in the near future.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post