SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Need your thoughts and opinions subject knives
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need your thoughts and opinions subject knives Login/Join 
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
I have purchased Emerson, Spyderco, and Benchmade knives from Amazon and have never received a fake. To label Amazon as an Internet whore is wrong. The savings were considerable when compared to the price on the manufacturer's website.

Hmmm, I think you read into this wrong.
I was referring to lowball price sellers not the Amazon or eBay, themselves...

Sorry, my mistake. On eBay I could see it.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I'll be the oddball.
I've never liked the feel of a Benchmade in my hand.

Had two , sold them.
No issues whatsoever with their quality, just not my flavor.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
If you wanted to cover price ranges it would go:

Keyshawn-Cheap
Benchmade/ZT- Mid range
Chris Reeva-High end

All of those knives represent well for
Their price range.

If you only 1 additional and ZT is included in Keyshawn that gives you the widest range. Benchmadea are slightly over priced compared to Spyderco IMHO but they have good carry appeal and brand name recognition. I think they might be a safe brand to carry.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
I have 2 531s. Love these, and I'm a knife dork. I have several ZTs, 2 Hinderer XM-18s, several Cold Steels, Kershaws live on my duty gear- specifically the ripcord. I also have a couple Mercworx and Striders. The Ripcords get carried at work everyday, and the 531s ride in my pocket everyday. I WILL be buying another 531. SOON. My point is, Kershaw and Benchmade are middle of the road, but the most useful. Useful and loseable. Just sayin.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post