SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Weekend at the Knife Farm-Liontribe Designs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weekend at the Knife Farm-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
I am the
Darkside
Picture of Pistole226
posted Hide Post
Amazing work on the knives and handles.

"The quick have their sleepwalkers, and so do the dead." Dieter Dengler, Rescue Dawn

Posts: 7787 | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks much. we are trying to crank out as many interesting goodies as possible. lots of new culinary blades in the works.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That second Cleaver is great.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, we are doing tons of culinary designs these days. this new slim chef is really eye catching.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, Dozer, I think you've really hit your stride with the kitchen cutlery. That cleaver with the maple burl scales looks like the kind of thing you'd want to pass down to your grandkid's grandkids, and if cared for, would work just as well then as it does now.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i appreciate that, we have had a lot of fun doing these designs and it does make up the bulk of my orders these days. i still do other styles just to keep my skills up, but i really do like making the chef knife designs.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i have decided to use some great, book end cut redwood burl on this slim Chef. in the mean time, i am working on the first B3 model i have done in some time. one of our earliest models, this is AEB-L stainless. trying to decide on chocolate or black barbwire micarta for the handle. this one will have large chainring bolts instead of pins. should be a great look for this design.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i decided against the chainring bolts. it didn't look as good as i imagined. went another route and i am happy with the outcome.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, i got to make a bunch of titanium chips this morning. haven't done that in a few months now. working on a new Anubis framelock model today. about to get to work on the micarta side in a bit. this one is gonna be a monster if i don't screw it up along the way. i don't get the chance to make many folders and they are way more expensive than my fixed blade models. gonna use AEB-L stainless for the blade and barbwire micarta for the off side. good times.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
making some progress on the big folder. grinding the blade tomorrow and it is heat treat time! i am so happy to be making folders again. we will actually be doing a run of lockback folders very soon. if all of the other projects don't bog me down.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Looking killer⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. this one is really taking shape today. just have to drill and tap some holes for thumb studs and then heat treat time.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
just finished this little file knife model. 6.5" long and wearing our signature etched pattern. it could be used as an EDC or neck knife. pretty versatile little knife.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
file knives are popping up everywhere. the farm is alive with file models right now.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, the hamon didn't come out on the skinner. it still happens from time to time. it really is much harder to get just right than you might think. anyway, i went with our signature etch on that one. i went with a dark bronze etch for the bowie file knife. i really like that finish and haven't done it in a while. now, to fit the handles. bird's eye maple for the skinner and natural micarta with chocolate micarta bolsters for the file bowie.

dozer