SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Hoffman Blacksmithing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoffman Blacksmithing Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
Anyone here own or heard of Hoffman Blacksmithing? I've followed this young man on Instagram for awhile now and have been wanting to purchase one of his axes. I must admit I have a hard time justifying paying a few hundred bucks for an axe, but I want one.

If you're unfamiliar with him here's his website...

https://www.hoffmanblacksmithing.com/

I have no affiliation with him, just admire his work and work ethic.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want one, that's all the justification you need.

You aren't going to find a hand forged axe for cheap.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
Liam is a highly talented blacksmith. He makes good stuff, buy with confidence.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
He's in Newland, less than an hour from me. I never heard of him til about a year ago, but he does make some nice stuff.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoa. If he’s putting out that kind of quality at 22 wait till he really masters the craft.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Lots of good things said about him on Blade Forums. His work is first class, I like that he gets professional photos done, too.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like very nice work.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Nice workmanship. It's refreshing to see a young man with his talents using old school technology these days.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know the story behind his logo?

Posts: 586 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, it’s an L and an H, and the guy’s name is Liam Hoffman. I’m guessing it’s his initials.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If the only words coming from my mouth are a continuous Oh man, am I still speech less ? Those are the most beautiful cutting tools I've lived to see.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
He was a forged in fire winner. He is good for sure.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post