SIGforum
Benchmade Anthem

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/9440096624

July 02, 2017, 06:38 PM
DSgrouse
Benchmade Anthem
So this is benchmade's first foray into a 1 piece water jetted frame. Mated to a 20cv (cpm20) blade. I am a big fan of lion steel's 1 piece frame. So i jumped on this one. This is the smoothest, free moving axis lock i have ever used.

July 02, 2017, 08:31 PM
RogueJSK
Sexy. Not $500 worth of sexy, but sexy. Wink
July 02, 2017, 08:51 PM
DSgrouse
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Sexy. Not $500 worth of sexy, but sexy. Wink

I bought two knives today. The anthem and a filet knife. The anthem was 340 plus tax the filet was 95.

500 is the retail
July 02, 2017, 09:35 PM
chessiedog1
Very nice. I also have been looking at this knife.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!
July 02, 2017, 09:37 PM
agony
The Anthem is the one knife I waited for in the new line. It's at the top of my short list, so after vacation I'll be getting one for sure.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"
July 04, 2017, 09:06 PM
DSgrouse
So, i spent a few days opening, cutting and closing this puppy. Last night i blew it out with compressed air and added a drop of oil. Tightened up the pivet screw.

WHY? because this thing is stupid fast. It opens and closes with what seems like no resistance when started. I was thumbing back the axis lock and letting the blade drop closed. My son asked my why my palm was bleeding. Turns out the point and edge are so sharp and the blade swings so freely that you do not notice when the tip just touches the meat of your palm during open and close. 6 slight cuts.

Is this a fault of the knife. No, it was me dicking around while bingeing blue bloods and opening and closing it in a manor that facilitated getting cut. Not once did the blade show resistance. The 20cv steel is nice. The whole damn knife is nice.
August 02, 2017, 09:13 PM
pedropcola
I have about a hundred benchmades. Love them. The Anthem is easily the best BM I have ever handled. Yes, it is pricey. Look for a good price and buy one. It is amazingly smooth. Great build great materials. Great.

Great knife.