SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Wicked Edge GO shipping?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wicked Edge GO shipping? Login/Join 
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Finally got a reply to my month old e-mail, they said that they had filled pre-orders through 15 Aug. My order is from 19 August, maybe next week.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered Aug 24 so fingers crossed. Anybody who has gotten theirs do they send shipping email first or did it just arrive?

I almost started free hand using the stones I got for Christmas. Lol

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Answered my own question. Got shipping notice today.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Great news, I just got my notice too. Expected delivery on Monday. Big Grin

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
My WE GO arrived today. Will open later and see how it works.

NRA
Georgia Carry

posted Hide Post
Unpacked one of mine. I bought two thinking about one as a present we shall see. This thing is no dainty. It has some serious mass. Easy to put together. Did it at my living room table in front of tv. I just set 20 degrees and started on some user knives. Didn’t worry too much about angles, burrs, etc. because I read that the stones take 5 or so sharpening until they break in. I already can see how well this system will work. Very portable.

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Out for delivery today provided we don't get too much ice/snow in south MS.

Haven't received notification from Wicked Edge yet but did from UPS. If you create a free account on UPS, they will send you an email anytime a package is inbound to your address. Pretty handy. In this case the vendor name was Hollowpoint, Inc. Looking that name up online shows it to be the parent name for Wicked Edge.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Arrived yesterday. Very nice design and well built. Now to decide if I want add additional stones (ships with a 200/600 grit combo). I prefer a toothy edge for most uses so I wouldn't go much higher than 1000.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived some time today. No notice that it was coming, just looked out the door and saw a box in the alcove.

Pretty nice looking, I'll have to study it later

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read that the stones take awhile to break in so I have sharpened a few (6 or 7) just to get used to the process. Pretty much ignored the instructions. Results were very symmetrical bevels, reasonable sharpness but nothing to write home about. Today I figured the stones and my general stroke technique had been refined enough to try for real. I followed their process, sharpie, burr, progression, etc. For Christmas I got the 1200/1600 ceramics and 3.5/5 micron strops. Haven’t broke out the strops because the edges weren’t there yet so no point. Well, I quickly and noticeably sharpened 3 knives and got very good results. Including shaving a hair. Not a free standing hair but still a very good edge.

Might need to load up the strops. This thing is a keeper. It’s fast and easy. It is also very portable. Only wish is that the roll had a space for extra stones. I can fit in one extra set but I would probably buy a roll that had the space built in if they make one.

I recommend this.