SIGforum
Wicked Edge GO shipping?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/9350087334

November 27, 2017, 10:21 AM
pedropcola
Wicked Edge GO shipping?
Last I read pre orders would start shipping on the 20th. Anybody hear anything? I sharpened the wife's kitchen knives and a couple folders on Thanksgiving on my Edge Pro. The EP puts an amazing edge and works well but it just reinforced why I bought the WE, I hate switching hands and depending on the blade geometry sometimes find it difficult to keep the blade flat while sharpening.

Not a hit on the EP because if it was my only option I would be fine but I really really want to try out the WE system, which seems like it may be the perfect one for me.

So anyway Clay, hurry up and ship the damn things already! Lol
November 28, 2017, 02:41 PM
jjkroll32
I'm anxiously awaiting my pre-order.

I'm hopeful before Christmas, but with the recent silence (there were 2 update emails before) I am a little on edge

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
November 28, 2017, 07:09 PM
unarmed
Emailed them last week, they told me mid-late December.
November 29, 2017, 03:44 PM
pedropcola
That sucks. They aren’t very close to their original estimate.
December 01, 2017, 08:20 PM
JWF
Received this email this evening-

Wicked Edge GO Production Update
We just received an update that the final phase of production for the Wicked Edge GO sharpeners will wrap up next week. The first batch was sent to be anodized today and should be back at our shop in Phoenix by next Tuesday where they will be laser engraved and assembled before shipping to our facility in Santa Fe for QC and fulfillment.
If all goes well, we will begin shipping the units the week of December 11th. We will have all hands on deck, working evening shifts and weekends to get them to you as quickly as possible. The sharpeners will be fulfilled in date order, meaning that those ordering first will have their sharpeners ship first. We’re hoping to send approximately 100 GOs per day to clear the pre-order list, which will probably take us through the 20th for the most recent orders. While we will do everything we can to deliver these before Christmas we can not guarantee this due to UPS and USPS holiday shipping cut offs and delivery schedules.

In the meantime, I’ve made a couple of short videos to help you get started with your new sharpener and will be adding more next week. In the videos you’ll see the latest production sample. I am extremely impressed with the build quality and fit and finish of the unit. It’s even nicer than I’d expected. I hope that once you finally receive your unit, you’ll love it for years to come.

Best regards,
Clay Allison

Maybe.....

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry
December 02, 2017, 10:23 AM
pedropcola
Anybody thinking of adding stones to their GO? I like to occasionally polish an edge on my Edge Pro and would like to do the same on this one.

I was thinking of adding the ceramic 1200/1600 stones and 3.5/5 micron strop.

What does the brain trust think? Did I skip too many steps, overkill? What would be a reasonable mans progression after the stock 200/600 stones that comes with it?

Thanks.
December 02, 2017, 10:50 AM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Anybody thinking of adding stones to their GO? I like to occasionally polish an edge on my Edge Pro and would like to do the same on this one.

I was thinking of adding the ceramic 1200/1600 stones and 3.5/5 micron strop.

What does the brain trust think? Did I skip too many steps, overkill? What would be a reasonable mans progression after the stock 200/600 stones that comes with it?

Thanks.

I think it depends on the knife.
Not every knife benefits from a smoother surface.
I bought the original in 2009 and it still works great.
I have some of the finer stones and even the leather strop but I never go much further than the 600/800 (blue/purple) on a lot of knives, but some I do.
YMMV
December 24, 2017, 07:18 PM
Luvbeer30
Anyone got one of these yet?
December 24, 2017, 09:16 PM
mdblanton
I was told 1-2 weeks for shipping about 2 weeks ago during an online chat with customer service. My order was placed on 8/31. Still hasn’t shipped according to the online order status.

Upside, as noted by others, is that we’ll receive the updated design.

Michael

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mdblanton,
December 24, 2017, 11:05 PM
rtenenbown
Getting tired. If this, I. Ay cancel my order.
December 25, 2017, 05:03 AM
sybo
Bummer that you have to wait on your New WE. What a great system! I have one about 4 years old and it works fabulous! I rarely go over 1000 grit as I do a final hand hone on leather. Most knives do not need much more unless you want to what I call “over-sharpening” an edge. When you create an edge soo fine that it receives too much damage in reference to the amount of cutting involved. You wanna chop oak with an edge so fine and polished you can read a newspaper in the reflection of the paper. It won’t last long. Polished is OK, over sharpening or the incorrect angle of the edge, not so much. Sometimes I want something more toothy. Just depends.
December 25, 2017, 04:39 PM
pedropcola
My wife bought me some stones and strops for my WE GO. I still don't have it though. I really would like to try them out but it is what it is.

I got the 1200/1600 fine ceramics and the 5/3.5 micron strops.

I occasionally polish for show. I agree that it usually is a lot of work for little actual gain, but it looks really cool and splitting hairs is fun. lol
December 26, 2017, 02:04 PM
RETTOP
I decided to call Wicked Edge to see when to expect the product I ordered on 11/27. I was told that they are closing out the June, July and August orders and that my late November order should be shipped by mid January.

The sales guy also said that he was told by his Boss that they have made/are making some changes in the machine shop that could speed up the delivery schedule. Guess there's not much to do except wait and see (along with all of the September, October and November orders).

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member
December 26, 2017, 03:21 PM
JWF
I ordered my WE on 19 Aug, I have not received a shipping notice as of today. I will post when I do.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry
December 30, 2017, 04:48 PM
sjtill
I ordered about September 20. Received e-mail 12/1 but nothing since.

December 30, 2017, 06:07 PM
9mmepiphany
I ordered on Sept the 6th and hadn't heard anything since the announcement that they were delaying starting shipping until Dec 20th.

I called them just after Xmas the was told that they were just finishing getting caught up on the pre-orders from July

No, Daoism isn't a religion

December 30, 2017, 07:25 PM
jjkroll32
Ordered Sept 9, got tired of waiting, when I called I got a "not real sure" for timeframe of delivery.

Innovative and features for the price, and I'm glad that they're taking the time to get them out right, but I could use the funds for other projects.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
December 31, 2017, 11:47 AM
sjtill
I did watch about four of their videos just to increase the anticipation! Big Grin

January 02, 2018, 12:04 PM
Cookster
Just 'chatted' with WE. . .

They are shipping ~150-200 GO systems per week. I ordered mine at the end of August and it is expected to ship in the next 7 to 10 days.

January 02, 2018, 01:24 PM
9mmepiphany
I'm guessing February seems like a reasonable expectation for mine

No, Daoism isn't a religion