SIGforum

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/9350020434

December 02, 2017, 12:43 PM
old dino

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old dino,
December 02, 2017, 04:35 PM
arfmel
Yer pitchers are invisible due to photobucket's extortion racket.
December 02, 2017, 11:04 PM
Otto Pilot
Here you go. No idea what it is, but I can at least post it from my imgur acct.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon
December 02, 2017, 11:23 PM
Nismo
I work at a printer and the guys in the press call those roll knives. They use them to cut and splice paper rolls to be fed into the presses.
Of course, that particular knife could have been used for just about anything.

some examples
http://www.generalgraphic.com/dexterknf.htm
December 03, 2017, 01:00 AM
Rey HRH
Whatever it is, it looks like it's taken a bow.

regarding that it could have been used for just about anything, I agree. I have a kitchen utility knife from the defunct Sharper Image. It's my favorite letter opener as I can sharpen it very nicely for slitting open envelopes. I have the bevel set at 10 degrees.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
December 03, 2017, 07:16 AM
ArtieS
I have seen similar blade shape on two knives used for different uses.

The first was my father's knife that he used as a sailmaker, so in my household, such a knife was always referred to as a "sailmaker's knife".

The second time I saw that blade shape was for an arborist's knife. Used for trimming and splicing plants. I believe that the arborist's knife was also made in Germany, and may have been a right hand chisel grind, rather than balanced.

Neither knife was a fixed or bowed blade, however. Both were folders.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.