SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Some of my knives, nothing fancy really
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some of my knives, nothing fancy really Login/Join 
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Can you tell us more about the two knives that appear to be Japanese?

Cool photos.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
It is the same knife, just the other side of it. It was a bring home from the war in the Pacific. My uncle was in the Seabees. I also have a bronze knife with rope handle he brought back, along with an opium pipe! I have a very nice Swiss Victorinox knife, with a picture of the Alps on it. A souvenir of Swiss trip from my sister. A few other knives as well. I guess I need to get picks of them.
I actually joined the Seabee reserves after my fleet Navy active duty. I was a construction mechanic. A gun fire control technician in the fleet Navy.
The point of that Japanese shank is razor sharp btw. It will Kill!

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
The two Case knives were my Grandfather’s. Case Sportsman, and Case small hunter in basket weave sheath, it has a chip out of the stag handle that has been filled with what appears to be wood putty, the point appears to have been broken and reshaped. It must have lived a hard life.
The deer foot knife was my great uncle’s, it says Joseph Allen & and Son Sheffield, England, it is razor sharp.

NO SIGnature