SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    I want to brag a little on Sybo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want to brag a little on Sybo Login/Join 
Picture of pbramlett
posted
Friends,

I contacted Jim aka Sybo via the forum for a special mission. My friend's birthday was coming up and I wanted to get him an EDC type fixed knife for his special day. I reached out to Jim and told him to use his best judgement on what to do. You see, i'm not a craftsman at all. I'm not very creative but I sure know people that are and when i want to get something from them part of the excitement and joy for me is to let them do their craft without much if any input from me. I couldn't have been happier with what Jim came up with. Not only is this the sharpest knife i've purchased in a while its the coolest little modern fixed blade i've purchased in many years. I will admit to wanting to not give it away but I did and my friend loves it.

Thanks Jim for the beautiful knife! I'm looking forward to getting one of your designs for myself. We are very fortunate to have such talent on this forum. Not only in knifemakers, but holster makers, firearms knowledge, history, and the list goes on and on. What a varied group of people live here and that makes me happy.

Here is a photo of Jim's knife he made for my friend. The picture does not do it justice!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks so nice I wouldn’t want to use it!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i have watched Sybo's skill grow and flourish over the years. his work is both pleasing to the eye and of strong quality.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Thank you Patrick!!!!There is nothing like making someone happy with something that they feel is special, or well done. I enjoyed this project very much and look forward to creating a cool piece for you!
Jim
DBKnives

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Thank YOU Dozer for being an amazing influence!!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I can't say enough about Jim(sybo) and Mike (dozer)

I've bought knives from each of them and they are amazing craftsmen. SigForum is blessed to have such talent here.

I'm gonna have to make a family photo of the knives my SF brothers have made for me.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Thank you friend once again!

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Great looking knife!
I’d love to see more pics and some info on dimensions, thx!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
Great looking knife!
I’d love to see more pics and some info on dimensions, thx!

I gave that knife to my best friend for his birthday. That’s the only photo of that one that I have but maybe Jim can chime in with the particulars of that build.

Regards,

P.

posted Hide Post
It's nice to see a hard working, honest, open person succeed. Way to go Sybo! :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
I’ll pile on here and add that I have several knives from SYBO, AND I WOULDNT GET RID OF ANY OF THEM! They have always been works of beauty. Thanks, Jim!

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
These threads are the best. Love looking at your work Sybo.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Matthew!⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️