SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    DBKnives , it’s been a wonderful journey.........
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DBKnives , it’s been a wonderful journey......... Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
I am so saddened to share, that one of my life passions has had to go the way of the Dodo. I have heard and certainly said myself that “ getting older is not for Wimps”. Well it’s true. I have been advised that I have some choices to make. My rheumatologist (Oh crap I am old.......) has strongly suggested I need to cease such hard use of my hands. I have been a Hairstylist for 43 years, woodworking all my life, knife maker, guitar lover, outdoors person and do it myself-er all my life. I have simply started to wear my hands out. Frown

The Knife making is done........... I am trying to come to the realization that this is eminent. Bittersweet, almost devastating. We have been in our home 15 years, the knife business is over. The Shop is SOLD, House is being inspected on Tuesday for its Sale, contract on new house. Bittersweet Frown I am so sad but in an interesting way, excited. I had forgotten how absolutely overwhelming and crazy this market is. After this is over I’m sure it will all sink in. I’m very blessed and I would like to thank everyone, everyone, that has supported DBK. Thank you all.........
Jim Grice
DBKnives

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Mr. Grice,

Very sorry to hear that, but I hope this change opens up new avenues of enjoyment for you. I was and I'm sure I will continue to be impressed by your level of excitement in your projects. I'm certain you'll be fine Smile

Glad I was able to snag 2 beautiful examples and give a third as a gift. I've heard it already cleaned a few deer and hogs.

Best of luck to you sir.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6253 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never a door shuts that a window does not open. Best of luck in the future and my/your knife continues to serve me well.

God Bless

DB

Posts: 456 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this, Jim. I'm glad I had the opportunity to obtain a couple examples of your fine craftsmanship before you hang up your tools. Stay well.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
I’m sure that has been difficult. I really enjoyed working with you on the 2 knives we did. Life changes, something I can certainly empathize with, but it is fortunate that, when we want to, we can be very adaptive. I have no doubt that will hold true for you.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear. i completely understand, though. i have had to work through neck and back issues, myself. knifemaking can put a strain on the body, to be sure. i am sure you will be fine and move on to bigger and better things, my friend.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear as well, Jim. I’m proud to have one of your works in my collection. All the best, and rest those mitts!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Jim I am sorry to hear this and want to wish you the best in your future endeavors. I am glad to have the knife you made me and will pass it down to my son.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear it, but take care of yourself.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Jim. I just don’t have the words.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us, Jim.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
I sorry I never pulled the trigger on buying one of your beautiful knives now

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Jim, I'm very sad to read this.
It was a pleasure dealing with you on the knife you just delivered to my Son. I still have not seen it, but my Son is extremely happy with what you built.
The very best to you in the future.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news Jim, but glad that you are putting your health first.

I wish to all the best and am proud to have gotten a few of your knives.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've greatly enjoyed seeing your work over the years, and I'm very sorry to hear that you'll have to stop. You've honestly been an inspiration for me in wanting to try my hand at this stuff. Take care of yourself, man.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
The kindness here is once again a “ Real Life “ example of what a great place we have here. Man, there is truth in “ change is hard.....”.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your pain! You have made some great knives over the years! I hope you can enjoy whats to come in the future! Good Luck!

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
You have put up some nicely-made examples of your craftsmanship. It is sad that you cannot continue doing something you obviously enjoy and are very good at doing. Best wishes for you moving forward.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I wish the very best for you. Change somethings sucks and can be disorienting but I’m sure you will persevere.

As a knife lover it’s been awesome seeing your work through the years here and I’m sad they I never had the opportunity to pick up one of your knives. Good luck in the future, but you seem like the kind of guy who makes his own luck.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you have to give up your knife making. I will miss seeing your creations. You have quite the skills. A difficult decision no doubt. All the best giving your hands a rest.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post