SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Emerson Mini CQC-7 - Rough grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Emerson Mini CQC-7 - Rough grips Login/Join 
posted
I've been a Benchmade guy for a long time and own four of them. A Mini Nitrous Stryker has been my daily carry for the better part of 8 or 10 years. It's served me extremely well, but I had an itch for something new. I picked up a Emerson Mini CQC-7 and got it in the mail today.

The first thing I noticed is how rough the grips are. Although I like the feel in my hands, this thing is going to DESTROY my jeans pockets! I just read on another forum that some people lightly sand the G10 grips with 600 grit sandpaper. Any other suggestions before I start making permanent modifications?

I know bending the clip will ease removal from my pocket, but I don't think it'll help save my jeans.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I use the white 3M pads on my Emerson’s. It doesn’t remove so much material but does smooth the G10 enough to save my pockets.
I just picked up a mini cqc7 also. Smile

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I use the white 3M pads on my Emerson’s. It doesn’t remove so much material but does smooth the G10 enough to save my pockets.
I just picked up a mini cqc7 also. Smile

Thank you! Any rough idea what grit the white pads are? I've looked all over online and can't find white 3M sanding sponges or finishing pads. Am I missing something?

Thanks again!

Posts: 1947 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I don't know the grit of the pads. I have used 600 grit wet dry sand paper and then another pad to finish smoothing the knife also. That actually worked better.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post