SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Thinking about a ZT0452CF
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about a ZT0452CF Login/Join 
posted
and wondering if anyone here has ever fondled one or owns one and, if so, what do you think about the knife as an EDC.

I don't need another knife for EDC, and I still have the old 940 with black, partially serrated reverse tanto blade I bought in 1998 (IIRC) for $103 out the door. I almost passed on that one because of the price (a hundred bucks for a KNIFE????) but I have managed not to lose it (yet) and it has been a wonderful knife.

But I am fascinated by the ZT and am about, unless you have some bad info about it, to drop $220 on one (two hundred plus bucks for a KNIFE????).

Thanks,

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Have a ZT0450, which is similar, perhaps...

I love it. It fits my hand very well and I carry it offside with CCW as backup. Opening it with my weak hand is no problem.

ZT0450

ZT0452CF

Put the pocket clip from a ZT0560 on it and it rides super nice and low, but still easily accessible.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks-
Doesn't look as if anyone else has one yet and I'm overcome with a case of the "gottahaveitrightnows", so I pulled the "trigger" last evening and it will be here this afternoon (Amazon Prime since, if it isn't what I think it is, a return will be easy).

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
enjoy. Be warned, tough to stop at just one...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3520000934

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that post and the photo when I was trying to research the ZT knife.

I hope I can handle one or maybe two/three without getting hooked. Eek

Bob

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Well, Bob . . . sorry to say, but you are doomed Wink

Not only does this place cost ya' for guns, but now you've gone and gotten yourself a gateway knife.

In a while, maybe less than a month or two, you'll find yourself reading these threads and reasoning to yourself how it is that you really do need just one more to make it all good Smile

Jus' sayin'

Please don't ask me how I know Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I am strong! No worries about addiction for me.

But, I am gonna get an Endura (for Church) and retire the 940 though it is very nice, just a little finish worn on the blade).

I've had a very low riding pocket clip for the Endura (which I've never owned)for ten or twelve years or so and my wife doesn't want it for her Delica, so I gotta get a knife it fits or its just a waste of money. Isn't that sensible?

See, I ain't gonna get addicted. Am I?

Also, the ZT arrived a few minutes ago. Wow!

Bob

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
sounds like denial to me Wink

so, tell us all about your new ZT ! ! ! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I don't have the ability to post a photo, but it looks just like all the ones set out so well on the various sites and ZT and Amazon.

But to hold it-feels great, so large it feels like a fixed blade, yet small enough to all but disappear in my pocket with the really low riding clip. Really snaps open, still a bit stiff, but seems to be loosening up. Sharp as the dickens, very nice knife.

Really very happy with this knife. At my age, it'll undoubtably be the last knife I buy.

Well, maybe not Wink

Got my Endura today, too. Love that Amazon Prime-ignored it for years, but since I got it I am doing my best to at least break even on the price of Prime with the free one or two day shipping.

Gonna put the low riding clip on it in a few minutes.

Now that's gotta be the last one, right?

Bob

thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
I have a ZT0450 which is the Titanium flipper. It's ok. I bought it because everyone was gushing over it and it was my first knife that cost more than $100. I wouldn't buy another. It's not a bad knife, it's simply disappointing that I bought 2 Kershaw 1655s on woot.com for $20 and those 2 knives have gotten the most usage/abuse yet they've kept better than the ZT0450. I sent the ZT0450 to ZT to have them sharpen it a year ago. When I got it back it wasn't as sharp as the Kershaw edges which is puzzling because ZT is supposed to be Kershaw's high end line and I rarely maintain those Kershaws. There's no question the ZT0450 is a better looking knife but it was disappointing to me that those Kershaws have outperformed. Don't mean to be a Debbie downer but it's my honest opinion.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. My experience has been the opposite. The ZT0450 has a wicked sharp edge and the two Kershaws I have came with almost no edge on them whatsoever. Love the 0450 for its light weight and with the clip change it rides very low, yet easily and quickly accessible from the weak side. Although just got a Benchmade auto, then a CRK for office carry, now a small Benchmade for that as well, the ZT is always with me for CCW as backup.

posted Hide Post
Mine is really sharp, sharper than a Kershaw flipper, which I forgot I had.

I'm still being strong, Just bought the ZT and the Spyderco Endura. Enough for anyone, right?

Okay, okay, yeah, I....I....I bought a Delica to go with them, too.

And another low riding clip for it.

But that's it-that's all-no more.

Bob

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
hahahaha !

Yup, you're okay.

No worries, here Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Nice purchase! I have been eyeing the ZT0452 models since they first came out. I've wanted a nice 4ish" blade that also is easy to carry and discreet and this one seems to fit the bill. It's on "the list", as they say. I have several ZT's and I believe they really have one of the best production flipper mechanisms out there. I like the ZT0450, but it felt a little small for me as a flipper, even though I own and love my Benchmade 940 (about the same size). A couple things have kept me from getting a 0452 thus far: I'm not in love with the carbon fiber and would rather have G10 like what was on a couple of the semi-custom early release versions, I would prefer a thin liner or nested liner on the scale/show side, and there were early reports of lockbar issues. I realize they have offered at least one more G10 version since they came out and I will have to handle one of those sometime. The issue with the lockbar was that when the knife was opened and locked, you could gently squeeze the handle and the lockbar would deflect all the way to 100%, also making it somewhat difficult to disengage. I'm hoping they have sorted this issue out, but I tend to think it could be solved by having some sort of steel liner on the scale side to give a little bit more rigidity. Not a deal breaker, but certainly a consideration especially if it gets used for heavy cutting.

I've loved and enjoyed all of the ZT knives I've owned so far. I really need to give this one more thought the next time I have the urge for a new EDC.

Thanks,

-sk

Posts: 248 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine more every day.

It was a bit stiff to open when I first got it, but that went away almost immediately. Part of that, was my initial tendency to place my middle finger on the locking bar and press without intending to do so. Now,there's just "no problem." Opens very fast, don't have to think about it.

I think I have seen a couple of different designs of the G10-one earlier version for sure. Haven't handled any of them but the one I have is very comfortable and I don't think I'd change anything about it.

Bob