SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Picked these up today

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked these up today Login/Join 
Picture of alinc100
posted
Went to a local gun show and a vendor had some knives available.I had been casually looking for something I could use as a paring/kitchen utility knife and these appeal to my eye,felt good in the hand and I'll try and run them thru a couple paces in the kitchen. Total cost was under $100. The maker is Titan Damascus.

Posts: 388 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Oooooh, very nice. I really like the one with the stag grips. Smile

Posts: 9877 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Pakistani?

Posts: 5113 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Pakistani?

That was my first thought.

Posts: 2763 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pakistani?

I've read that's where they come from.

Posts: 622 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OMCHamlin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
quote:
Pakistani?

I've read that's where they come from.

There is almost no doubt that 95% of the "Fine Damascus Knives" that we are seeing at gun shows are indeed Pakistani made. Some look nice, but on close inspection, are crudely fit, pinned or joined. The scam dealers that represent this stuff as their work are doing a bad job at it around here, three tables jammed FULL of those does NOT speak of a single bladesmiths shop output...

Posts: 665 | Location: Eastern Shore of VA | Registered: September 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post