SIGforum
Lived in East TN for 22 Years - First Trip to Smoky Mountain Knife Works Today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/9010016064

September 03, 2019, 06:43 PM
Gear.Up
Lived in East TN for 22 Years - First Trip to Smoky Mountain Knife Works Today
I wanted a new fixed blade and figured it would be easy now that tourist season (and the traffic) is mostly over.

I knew what I wanted and had another stop to make so I didn't spend much time walking the floors but that could be a dangerous place for the bank accounts! Yeah, there's quite a bit of junk but also some really nice stuff. Stopped at one case that had a pocket folder (grandpa style, not tacticool) with a 3-3.5 inch blade for almost $3,000 and a fixed blade with a giraffe bone handle that was around $2,300.

I got my ESEE 6 (and also an ESEE 4, ugh) and moved on to Bass Pro.
September 08, 2019, 12:04 AM
agony
I like SMKW, and go there a couple times a year as it's a manageable distance from where I live plus we're in the area for my daughter's travel volleyball over the winter/spring months.

That said their prices in store suck.
If you prod them they will honor their online prices.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"
September 08, 2019, 12:17 PM
Voshterkoff
Sounds like a fun place to visit. I would appreciate a nice cutlery shop to actually try things in my hand. How do you like the ESEE 4?
September 09, 2019, 07:37 PM
P-220
I visited that shop years ago. It was like a kid in a candy store with a wallet full of money.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
September 09, 2019, 11:05 PM
rburg
Yeah, but for me it was probably 30 years. We used to go to the Acorn shop in Gatlinburg, too. But thats now gone, I hear. They used to even stock Randall's. All leather washer models, but still it was rare to find a shop with things in stock and priced at list! No wait even. My wife and I haven't been there in a long time. I hear my favorite motel, Riverhouse motor lodge, burned in the big fire. Now I don't even have a place to stay!

Unhappy ammo seeker
October 06, 2019, 12:42 PM
4MUL8R
Went there last weekend. Parking was a challenge. Lots at which to look. ZT cabinet was not very full. No discounts on really good stuff. Some helpful folks. Some not really interested in helping. Left without purchasing.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
October 17, 2019, 03:50 PM
10X-Shooter
Was there this past weekend. Didn’t walk out empty handed. Bought a CRKT Batum.
October 19, 2019, 08:01 PM
bubbatime
Buds Guns is right next door if I remember right.

October 21, 2019, 12:02 AM
10X-Shooter
It is. One stop wallet emptying shopping.
November 02, 2019, 10:26 AM
Gear.Up
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Sounds like a fun place to visit. I would appreciate a nice cutlery shop to actually try things in my hand. How do you like the ESEE 4?

Voshterkoff: I apologize for not replying before. I was on a motorcycle camping trip when you posted and didn't check in until now.

I like the 4 very much! It is a more "practical" knife to tote around compared to the 6. My only wish is that the grip would have a little more fill or arch around the middle finger for better purchase. Will get some pics up later.