SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    DBKnives-A small and interesting build! ALL DONE⚔️⚔️⚔️ PICS !!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DBKnives-A small and interesting build! ALL DONE⚔️⚔️⚔️ PICS !! Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
I am getting ready to put together a follow-up project foe a repeat Customer. He is on a Military Ship with blade length restrictions. 2.5" to be exact. I think I'll do one like this for myself, its gonna be REALLY handy for the smaller blade tasks. TONS of leverage with this grip also. I feel it will be lovely!

https://imgur.com/a/mln0e8y
Now to get that blade cleaned up and get those scales mounted!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sybo,

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
looks nice. that pine cone resin material looks awesome when it is shaped and finished. gonna be looker.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I had so much fun doing this project for one of our members here. Soooo cool... Check it out⚔️

https://imgur.com/a/X1bBcDN

I was so excited about posting pics, I didn’t even clean it up....

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Sybo,

Thank you so much! As we’ve talked before I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for your craft.

Know that this little guy will get used everyday.

I’m going on 7 years in the Navy and never stepped foot on a commissioned ship. Spend many days on the Missouri volunteering but that’s my extent of sea stories Smile

NSA Buildings in Hawaii and the entirety of Korea has a 2.5” maximum length rule. So this will solve my problem of using plastic knives to cut steak and fruit!!!

I used a small folder before but as you eluded to with the handle size on this one, small folders tend to have very small handles which makes simple tasks such as cutting a piece of meat a pain in the rear! Also, I’m amazed at how much junk gets into moving parts when cutting meat, oranges, and apples everyday. It’s a chores having to “wash dishes” every time I want a snack or a meal during a 12 hour shift.

As you can tell from all this typing I’m quite excited to be able to use this everyday. The older I get the more practical I like things I buy and this is about as practical a tool for my situation as I can get. Thank you so much sir.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That turned out very nice! I can see that being excellent for daily utility and food cutting tasks, just as intended. Smile

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post