SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Good Customer Service from GERBER
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Customer Service from GERBER Login/Join 
Picture of JohnnyD
posted
I wanted to recognize good CS.
Recently I bought a couple knives off of eBay. I collect older Gerber knives, and I like Autos.
I picked up a NIB Gerber 06 auto, and a Gerber Clip-Lock Survivor (sort of a all-metal skeleton knife, now discontinued). The price was right on both of them.
The 06 arrived and it opened very weakly. Sometimes it did not even open fully. The Clip-Lock knife came with the wrong sheath. I knew that when I bought it.
Two different CS engagements. I sent the 06 in for repair and now it opens properly, and Gerber sent me a correct scabbard for the Clip-Lock knife - free.
I'm very pleased with my interaction with the Gerber people.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Similar experience with Gerber and a sheath. I bought a Guardian way back when I was in the military. After many years of hard use, the sheath broke and I put it into the infamous "junk" drawer. Poking around in there one day, I came across my old knife with a busted sheath. Sent an email to them inquiring how much a replacement would be. 2 days later, checking the mail, I was surprised to find a replacement.

I liked when more of their stuff was made here, but I still recommend them based on great service.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
This was probably 15 years ago, but I also had a good experience with Gerber CS.

I had a Gerber Airframe, a Harsey-designed titanium-handled liner-lock folder - so definitely one of Gerber's more expensive knives.

Imagine my disappointment when, after using it for a while, the edge literally started flaking off the blade.

I called Gerber up and they apologized and sent me a brand new one - only this time it was a "First Production Run" marked knife.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post