SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    If you could only own one ESEE knife?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only own one ESEE knife? Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Everyone should have a 5.
Just in case you forget the combo on your gun safe and need something to pry it open with.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Lol.

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
ESEE 4 with TKC scales.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Back when this thread started a mere two plus months ago, Esee wasn't even on my radar screen. Now with guns and ammo being in such short supply and already having all the essentials, I've turned to other things I really don't need for amusement.
Thanks to Para and others suggestions I've given in to temptation, I own a 3 & 4 in S35VN, a 4 in 1095 and a 6.
I'm not really sure what to do with all of them but they're really nicely made knives, especially for the money and built like a tank.
If I had to choose only one it would be between the 4 and 6 with the 4 being the most practical for me.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...........

I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Esee-3 HM (Handle Modified).

I looked and researched so many of the 3 and 4 variants that my eyes went cross.

I decided on the 3HM and figured it was a good starting point.

I very well built knife and which is even balanced but it is a tad heavier than I expected.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
Just chopped carrots with my new Expat cleaver. What a beast! Next will likely be the Expat Darien machete... a necessity in FL.

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I shouldn't keep clicking on these threads that keep costing me money.

I feel your pain, a ESEE5 is on the way to my house. can't wait...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
For hunting I will either carry a ESEE 3 or 4 depending on other gear I am carrying. I picked them both up at a flea market. The 3 reminds me of the old cartoon Grape Ape. Smile

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post