SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    German 44ASW Bayonet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German 44ASW Bayonet Login/Join 
Picture of WERA49
posted
Everyone, what do you know about 44ASW bayonets?

A friend just inherited this German bayonet. I'm searching but not finding useful information. I'm hoping that the knowledgeable members here will know when it was made and what rifle it was meant for.

Rob
NRA Life Member

Posts: 545 | Location: OH | Registered: March 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
According to the K98 forums the 44ASW was used on the K98 Mauser in 1944.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I find it amusing that you obscured the serial number.

It’s a K98k bayonet.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I find it amusing that you obscured the serial number.

It’s a K98k bayonet.

I found that you found it amusing........amusing, in and of itself.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1926 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
perhaps you can find some answers here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/group...m-f79/index-s25.html

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post
The WWII Mausers had 4 digit serial numbers, just like the rifles. The Germans just started over when they reached 9999. The bayonet that came with my K98k was about 5 numbers off from the rifle.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post