SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Artisan Cutlery / CJRB
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Artisan Cutlery / CJRB Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quattro15:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Made in China, though I believe at least some (all?) are 'assembled' in the US.

Well shoot

Don’t walk around your home & look at the “made in...” stamps & decals !
It’ll ruin your day ! Wink

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Dammit. I really want that Archaeo with the hammered copper handle.

...I DO need a backup knife for my Emerson.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quattro15
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
quote:
Originally posted by Quattro15:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Made in China, though I believe at least some (all?) are 'assembled' in the US.

Well shoot

Don’t walk around your home & look at the “made in...” stamps & decals !
It’ll ruin your day ! Wink

It would have been the icing on the cake! How do you like the fit and finish? I usually carry a Leatherman Skeletool. I find I use it quite often for uses other that just the knife.

---------------------------
“Reason, or the ratio of all we have already known, is not the same that it shall be when we know more.”
— William Blake

Posts: 2206 | Location: Black Mountain, NC | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
[Quote] It would have been the icing on the cake! How do you like the fit and finish? I usually carry a Leatherman Skeletool. I find I use it quite often for uses other that just the knife. [quote]

The fit & finish is so much better on the titanium model.
But of course it’s more than 3 times the price of the Copper , Bronze or Brass versions.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Here’s a teaser of the Big Chonk that was one of a couple that arrived this weekend.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of Quattro15
posted Hide Post
I like that blade design!

---------------------------
“Reason, or the ratio of all we have already known, is not the same that it shall be when we know more.”
— William Blake

Posts: 2206 | Location: Black Mountain, NC | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I really like the titanium mini.
It’s a Dirk Pinkerton collaboration knife.
The full-size Proponent is a bit much for me but I had to buy it to find out.
My hands are not xl so it’s at the max of what’s enjoyable to fidget with.
But sometimes ya just gotta scratch that itch.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Just released !
I have the satin & white G10 on the way.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
They look really good. I’m really digging cleaver and Wharncliffe style blades right now for some reason.

I really like the Artisan Orthodox and emailed them to see if the titanium versions were made in China also. They never answered.

I know everything is made in China but with things that have a readily available analog made here or somewhere other than China, I try to choose that. I really have a hard time giving the $200 that some knife companies ask for a Chinese made knife, not when there’s American companies at the same price.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
The Tigris arrived.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%