SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    First Gransfors Bruk axe.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Gransfors Bruk axe. Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
My first Gransfors Bruk axe that my Uncle gifted me yesterday.

Im pretty sure the model is the Wildlife Hatchet.

Shaving sharp!

I'm now eyeing the little hand hatchet to add to my collection.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I've wanted one for a while. Get out and enjoy it.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Love mine.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice axe! I don't neeeed one, and can't really justify owning one....... But I want one!

Posts: 367 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Get the forest axe next. You have an awesome uncle btw.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several. They are exquisite tools. You'll enjoy using it.

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great hatchet! They are great tools.

P220R-45-EQ, P226R-40, P229R-9-SCT, P239-357-SAS2B, P365-9-BXR3 plus some Ruger's.

Posts: 265 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
I really like the looks of that one.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest that instead of the smaller less useful hand hatchet the next best move would be to go with the hunters hatchet or the small forest axe. Either you would find more actually useful than the hand hatchet. (I own all the above). For those that own none of the above, start with the hunters hatchet! just my 2c

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
I would suggest that instead of the smaller less useful hand hatchet the next best move would be to go with the hunters hatchet or the small forest axe. Either you would find more actually useful than the hand hatchet. (I own all the above). For those that own none of the above, start with the hunters hatchet! just my 2c

Thanks.
Yes, after watching a bunch of videos on Youtube, It seems that the Small forest axe would be the best choice for my second one. I basically have the small chores covered with this one I currently have.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The hand hatchet is a wonderful little thing, but pretty limited to use. I bought one to basically use like a knife skinning and quartering deer.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post