SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    WIP-Ringed Urban Legend-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WIP-Ringed Urban Legend-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
working on a RUB model in 1095HC. this one will have a nice hamon (hopefully). my plan is to give this one this copper etch treatment when the heat treat is complete. still not sure about the handle treatment at this point. i want something that will complement the etched finish. thought you guys might enjoy seeing some work in progress shots of this one.

dozer

[

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Is that for a customer or just one you are making?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Hamon for breakfast!!!! Wink

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this one will be up for grabs when done. just got the heat treat done yesterday. will be texturing the flats today and getting ready to finish grind the blade today. here is a shot fresh from the temper oven. they are not much to look at before they are cleaned up.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this progression ! The first knife with that treatment shown here was a beauty.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i hope this one looks as nice. here is a quick shot of the texture i am going with on the flats.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
so, here it is as of today. i went with a little different look. i wanted a lighter hamon and left more of a copper finish all over. it almost has a rose gold look to it in person. now, to try and figure out what kind of handle i want. i am leaning heavily toward a simple wrap for this one. the pic isn't that great, but you get the idea. the lighting was terrible and i was just using my phone.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
she is almost done now. here are a few quick camera pics. just need to sign and sharpen this one. i went with simple leather cord wrap for the handle.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
final pics of the finished product.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Diggin this profile and grind!! You do some great work friend⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. this one takes a bit of finesse, but it is worth it.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i always forget the sheath pics.

dozer