SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Any Bastinelli Owners?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Bastinelli Owners? Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted
A video came up on my youtube recommended, a young lady that's "into" blades. She had several Bastinelli knives concealed a couple of them looked interesting.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Ive got a Pika and a Kalinou. Both are well built sharp knives. The Pika is tiny, but the blade shape leads it to cut much deeper than you would expect. It also came wickedly sharp. I was experimenting with different ways to secure the sheath in a cargo pocket and inadvertently stuck my hand in there with a loose blade. Never felt it, but I hope the stain comes out of the pants.

After that I decided it made a dandy neck knife.

The Kalinou is substantially bigger, but still a compact knife. My only minor complaint with it is because of the pronounced curve it has to be rolled out of the sheath. If you grab it and yank straight it will either bind up or risk the edge cutting into the kydex. That said, you get 3 inches of razor sharp wickedly curved steel that cuts like a dream.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I was looking at one
this

In the video she had it tucked in by the button of her shorts and it was all but unnoticeable.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Yeah. The Pika is the karambit version of that. It won't probably slash as well as the Pika (its basically a beefy exacto knife) but I bet it will stab deep. Certainly be easy to conceal. N690 is good steel and on the two examples I've handled Bastinelli grinds a good edge.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
I was experimenting with different ways to secure the sheath in a cargo pocket and inadvertently stuck my hand in there with a loose blade. Never felt it, but I hope the stain comes out of the pants.

After that I decided it made a dandy neck knife.

OUCH!!! Reading this made me cringe.

I also came to a somewhat painful decision about fixed blades in pocket carry. There's nothing good about razor sharp blades being unsheathed in your pocket. The only really safe way is to withdraw the sheath from your pocket and then the knife from the sheath...........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
I really want a Mako.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post