SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    I just bought my first Microtech!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just bought my first Microtech! Login/Join 
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
This is one very dangerous place to reside! My first Microtech is now pre-ordered, 100% your fault.

I hardly ever look at this part of the forum, but your post and your new purchase really caught my eye. Excellent taste and a very articulate description kind sir.

With absolutely no sarcasm, just pure respect and appreciation - Thank you.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:
This is one very dangerous place to reside! My first Microtech is now pre-ordered, 100% your fault.

I hardly ever look at this part of the forum, but your post and your new purchase really caught my eye. Excellent taste and a very articulate description kind sir.

With absolutely no sarcasm, just pure respect and appreciation - Thank you.

I know the feeling!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Yes...this forum is nothing but a bunch of enablers. Big Grin

All this microtech talk made me realize that my ultratech needed a little brother. This guy showed up today.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Just ordered my first Microtech as well. Didn’t find one I liked at BladeHQ, ended up ordering a Piranha Rated-X from them instead.

Found the Microtech I was looking for at Southernedge.com should have it in hand this week.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
So I'm guessing that most people in this thread genuinely like Microtechs. I'm thinking about picking up a UTX-85 tanto/partial serrated edge and it looks like Blade HQ is out. Does anyone know how often batches of specific models come out.

How about authorized dealers, who can I trust?

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have done business with pvk.vegas and they were great

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:

This is where I got my last one from, and my very first benchmade auto back on 2003. Been very happy with them.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you order from PVK you can use ‘knifenuts’ and get a 5% discount. No affiliation, it’s from a podcast I listen to that PVK sponsors.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
So I'm guessing that most people in this thread genuinely like Microtechs. I'm thinking about picking up a UTX-85 tanto/partial serrated edge and it looks like Blade HQ is out. Does anyone know how often batches of specific models come out.

Scott Cutler (Owner of Altamonte Outdoors) is a very reputable dealer. I have ordered many Microtechs from him and they usually arrive within 2 days. He has Black and Blue Tanto P/S available.
https://altamontoutdoors.com/collections/utx-85group

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I just got my first one today! I love it, and will probably order a cheaper one and only carry this on special occasions. This is a bit too nice for me to use as a daily beater.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:

Scott Cutler (Owner of Altamonte Outdoors) is a very reputable dealer. I have ordered many Microtechs from him and they usually arrive within 2 days. He has Black and Blue Tanto P/S available.
https://altamontoutdoors.com/collections/utx-85group

Thanks for the recommendation! I ordered my UTX-85 tanto from them this morning. I'm really looking forward to it.

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post

Came in this week and have to say that it is nicer than I hoped. Altamonte was great to deal with and I'm sure that I will be buying from them again. Thanks for the help.

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Scott is Great to deal with- Love the UTX-85.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Before doing business with these guys I'd suggest reading feedback on Bladeforums. I made the mistake of ordering a Protech from them and got a totally different knife (although a Protech). After several attempts to contact them via email and phone, I never received a response, even though the knife they sent was of greater value than what I paid for.
So I'm guessing you guys that have had good experiences probably didn't have any customer support issues for PVK to deal with. That seems to be the consensus on BF, too.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post