SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    I just bought my first Microtech!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just bought my first Microtech! Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I used to make fun of my Sister-in-law because when she would make a big purchase she would commonly "take to bed". I always viewed this as "Buyer's remorse".

I just paid an exorbitant amount (at least for me) on a pocket knife and I'm also considering "taking to bed".

I can't wait to get it! It is a Combat Troodon with a drop point blade.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
I had a similar reaction when I bought my ultratech; it’s a lot of money for a pocket knife. But now I find myself looking at other microtech sand saying, “they’re really not THAT expensive...”. Knives are an addiction.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an original Halo, from when they first came out. It cost me a lot back then. If it's something your into you'll spend the money. At my old job someone said can you believe so and so just spent $500 on a radio controlled car. I looked at them and said, hell, I just dropped $400 on a knife that will probably never cut anything. The look I got was priceless. Like I said if it's something your into you'll spend the money.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Man, that Lightning sure is a fast gateway drug!!!

Eek

Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yeah ersatzknar,

I mailed the Lightning off to my Son this morning.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
That didn't take long. Big Grin

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwH__x6jV6A

Well, "in". Wink

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Man, that Lightning sure is a fast gateway drug!!!

Eek

Wink

Wore my thumb raw in the first day. It's addicting and even though it's cheap the lightning is utilitarian and will definitely lead to an up-buy.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Well, Rolan...
Welcome to another Addiction. My name is Eric and I am a Microholic.
The Combat Troodons are great knives.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric, I'll post a picture when I receive it. I see an ultratech in my future.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I absolutely don't need a Microtech, why am I thinking "What can I sell...?"

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
The one I bought will look similar to this...

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They are good knives.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Same Combat Troodon used by the Joker in Dark Knight.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Two Ultratechs in my inventory. One is a Hellhound. Someday I will add a Troodon.
Congrats!

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
And here she is!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Love it!

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good looking knife.

Just watch out, their addictive.

P220R-45-EQ, P226R-40, P229R-9-SCT, P239-357-SAS2B, P365-9-BXR3 plus some Ruger's.

Posts: 265 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can see an Ultratech in my future. Maybe a Dirac.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer