SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Weather station recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weather station recommendations Login/Join 
easy money
posted
Hello!

I’m a weather nerd ... I like monitoring the weather. I have a weather app on my phone, but like so many of them, it reports weather based on readings from the nearby airport. Those reports rarely match what is happening on my deck. I’ve looked at various weather stations, and they range from cheap to quite expensive. I’m curious to learn what weather stations might be endorsed by the good folks here?

Thank you!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Oh damn ... I meant to post this in the general forum! I’m very sorry!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MaSigchist
posted Hide Post
Weatherflow Tempest - It is so far advanced over all the others I wouldn't consider another unless it was strictly a budget decision.

-Scott

SPDTool LLC - Pocket Sized Field Armorer Tools
http://www.spdtool.com

-Certified Sig Sauer Armorer
-Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
-NRA Pistol Instructor
-NRA Shotgun Instructor
-NRA Range Safety Officer
-NRA Metallic cartridge & Shotgun Reloading Instructor
-MA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 908 | Location: Greenfield, MA USA | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Dark Sky. Gives you information for your location. Have it on my iPhone. I have been impressed with its accuracy.

Posts: 92 | Registered: April 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vantage Vue.
Had one for 7 years. It just works.

Posts: 266 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Davis Vantage pro 2. I have had this machine since 2001. Accurate, and reliable. This is not a hobby weather station.
I believe they deploy these units at the South Pole and mt Washington if that tells you anything about the durability.
Davis has rebuilt my unit twice. And it just keeps on ticking.

Posts: 616 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another + for Davis they are rugged and dependable! Just wish they would update the display to more modern look. They can be a little cluttered

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: December 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post