SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Custom Fixed blade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Fixed blade Login/Join 
posted
Just want to share a picture of my first custom fixed blade knife I bought from a maker in Poland.

I would love to see some of your favorite fixed blades Smile.

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Bona does really nice work, I see him quite a bit on Blade Forums. I'm partial to the fighter style guard, very nice!

I have a pretty extensive collection of custom fixed blades and it's been shrinking. Here's a custom from Jim Crowell MS, a custom order, fighter style guard, of course.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Very nice. I really like fighter style knives. Currently have another one on order from Phillip Patton...

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingfish007:
^^^ Very nice. I really like fighter style knives. Currently have another one on order from Phillip Patton...

Phillip is good, make sure you post it. He and I post in the Photography area on BF, he's good at that, too.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty. Bona makes some nice knives. The sweep and flow of his grinds are wonderful.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
http://i406.photobucket.com/al...820859&1498821823211
http://s406.photobucket.com/us...cent%5D=1&sort=1&o=0
One of my projects!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sybo,

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Good-looking blade, OP!

Small, fixed-blade Kistner knife that I've posted about here recently.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

First on the beautiful knife. And second, on actually getting it after ordering it overseas. I've heard of a good many horror stories even just within the US.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Trace Rinaldi damascus LEO

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Phillip is good, make sure you post it. He and I post in the Photography area on BF, he's good at that, too.

Just receive this WIP pic from Phillip today on my custom order knife. First time he uses laminated steel on a fighter knife. I think it turns out rather nicely Cool. I can't wait to get it.

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
That is a beauty, nicely done on the lamination.

Looking forward to your take on how it feels in the hand.

posted Hide Post
The knife arrives today. Very nice Cool. It feels well balanced and and substantial in the hand. I was not sure the impact of the subhilt but it fits nicely and helps with the grips. I like it a lot.

posted Hide Post
Beautiful knives folks!

This one is probably my favorite. Short Hudson Bay camp from Matt Lesniewski of ML Knives.

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Love the ML's!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post