SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Looking for folding pocket knife for carry in a business environment
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for folding pocket knife for carry in a business environment Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Spyderco C152CFP Chaparral Folding Knife 2-13/16" CTS-XHP Plain Blade, Carbon Fiber Handles

Although there are many, this would be a great option!

Matt

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I was in a similar predicament as you many moons ago, except that I was looking for a non-intimidating "gentleman's" knife for non-work carry. I looked at a lot of what was already mentioned in this thread, and settled on the Benchmade 480 Shoki. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued.

What I love about it, is that it's got wood on the handle, and a fairly thin blade. It doesn't scream CRAZY KNIFE GUY when I use it. It's just a nice, small knife, that handles daily duty. It's certainly nicer and more rugged than a Case, but it's nothing compared to that Chris Reeves Mnandi.

It'll fit in your pocket, and you won't even know it's there. It comes with a leather pocket clip, and a lanyard loop. It's a very well thought-out blade.

This looks like the replacement: 482 Megumi

I also found this Benchmade 318, which appears to be a new offering, and even more innocuous looking than the two previous ones I mentioned!!

If I didn't already have the Shoki, I'd pick one of those two up for the exact same reasons I outlined above.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:
I have a Benchmade mini-barrage that is very office friendly. You might also look at their 940 line. Kershaw leeks are also nice and slim.

I carry the exact same thing in slacks daily.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Really digging the Megumi ! Smile

Did the OP ever decide ?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I currently have a CRKT KISS knife in my pocket. I use it as a money clip and backup knife. Can't even tell what it is sitting in my pocket.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
If money is no concern then a Sebenza is hard to beat for a gents knife. If money is a little tighter then I’d suggest a Benchmade Emissary or Valet, or even better with a great flipping action and nice lines, a ZT 0450.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Delica.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Kit Carson large Model 4. It has a 4" clip point blade but the standard has a 3" blade.

Satin finished clip point blade, dual thumb studs and notched thumb rest. The handle has titanium bolsters with green G10 scales over bead blasted titanium liners and a black G10 black spacer.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spyderco Chaparral fits that bill perfect!

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
This has become a most dangerous thread...

Really like the Benchmade Megumi, but am being arm-twisted by the CRK Mnandi.

This is also to be for the office.

The Megumi fits the bill off the bat and is less cheddar.

The Mnandi comes with a leather pouch and probably would remove the pocket clip.

Either one would get a lanyard.

Have wanted a CRK for a long while, now. Cancelled a large Inkosi with Insingo blade that I ordered last August, after waiting for more than four months.

The Mnandi makes more sense than the Inkosi, but the Megumi is tempting. The Mnandi has the better lock, as far as I can tell.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Cancelled a large Inkosi with Insingo blade that I ordered last August, after waiting for more than four months.

I'm very tempted by the large Inkosi with Insingo blade. I wonder how the Inkosi feels in the hand?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
So do I Wink

The reason for the order was that it was to be left-handed.

The plan for the Mnandi would be to just carry it right side pocket...

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
I have a ZT0770CF that is lightweight, has a slim smooth profile and a great blade.

Late to this party, but this is exactly my suggestion and what I carry.

It has a very deep pocket clip and a thin profile. I have my pocket clip setup in reverse so that I can carry it in my coat breast pocket.

I like that it is very lightweight (carbon fiber handles), but gives me a full grip and a finger guard for when I *really* need a knife.

Assisted opening so that I can get it out in a hurry with my left hand if I need to move it from my coat pocket to my left pant pocket.

I have mine in Elmax and the blade is probably tougher than the handles from what I can gather.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
one more option - one of these should arrive for me on Saturday.

Zero Tolerance: ZT0462 Sinkevich Flipper - Red Carbon Fiber - Titanium - CPM-20CV

3.7" blade, 3.7 oz.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
3.7" blade ? ? ?

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Sorry, blew right past the OP 3” limit.

But just right for my “business environment”...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
No worries Smile

It sure is purdy. Big Grin

Have a ZT0450 and it is my off-side carry back-up, with a ZT0560 pocket clip.

Enjoy it for us, congrats !

secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Check the specs on the Spyderco Centofante.

The blade is a bit longer than 3" (3.14) but it's light and sleek.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C66BK3/24

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like this situation is screaming for a Chris Reeve Mnandi....

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redwood25:
Sounds like this situation is screaming for a Chris Reeve Mnandi....

A most excellent assessment ! Big Grin