SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Looking for folding pocket knife for carry in a business environment
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for folding pocket knife for carry in a business environment Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
No worries Smile

It sure is purdy. Big Grin

Have a ZT0450 and it is my off-side carry back-up, with a ZT0560 pocket clip.

Enjoy it for us, congrats !

I seem to be becoming a ZT collector. Current stock includes 0301, 0350, 0450CF, 0561, and a 0770CFM4.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
either a spyderco Persistence or Ambition. great bargain on both. I like the size of the persistence better, but both blades are under three inches.

Posts: 8 | Registered: October 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
A Benchmade Mini-Griptilian has been my EDC of choice for many years now. I prefer the sheeps foot and tanto style blades but several different styles to choose from including serrated and non-serrated. The AXIS lock is extremely easy to use one handed and is my favorite locking mechanism. They are made specifically to be just hundreths of a inch below the 3 inch threshold.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by redwood25:
Sounds like this situation is screaming for a Chris Reeve Mnandi....

A most excellent assessment ! Big Grin

No idea what the OP ended up getting, but the Mnandi appears to have been the answer Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Benchmade Megumi (482) has been discontinued Frown

That being said, Smoky Mountain Knife Works looks like they have good prices... Wink

Still wondering what the OP (SigM4) ended up getting for business ?

(oh, and the clip thingy on the Mnandi is quite interesting...)

Big Grin

posted Hide Post
My vote would be a
SOG Twitch II or Kershaw Chive for a small pocket carry, I would also think about carrying a Leek in my waist band at 3:00, the belt clip tucked under your belt. My EDC is a Kershaw Leek have several and can keep a razor edge with little effort.

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Just to keep this thread going . . .

Got a Mnandi and then got a Megumi.

The Mnandi came from DLT Trading and it really is so very nice; a real step up. Wow. Took off the pocket clip and added a small lanyard and carry it in the supplied pocket sheath.

Couldn't resist and found a Megumi from Smoky Mountain Knife Works, although these are now discontinued. It's nice, but the dang thing is
so crazy stiff that I can barely open it Frown
gonna have to find a solution...

SF really does have a membership cost Wink

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Well, to close the loop (at least on my part) here is a pic of my pocket today. I'd intended to come back to post my choice, but the new job got busy; thanks to ersatzknarf for the friendly e-mail reminder. In the end I couldn't beat the price/function of this knife for my intended use. As iron chef noted no clipping on the pocket so needed something flat. murphman as you note clipping it in the change pocket helps to keep it in place and disappears from wondering eyes. Plus, I work for the railroad with the big orange locomotives...

Lots and lots of really nice suggestions here, maybe too nice for a knife that I intended to pocket carry daily. That said my collection has grown as a result of this thread; my wife and bank account are both very upset with you guys. Wink That Chris Reeve Mnandi is now on the short list for future purchase.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Glad to help, sir ! Smile

Very nice EDC and nice knife choice, too.

quote:
That Chris Reeve Mnandi is now on the short list for future purchase.

Oh, you're gonna LOVE that Mnandi ! Big Grin

( mebbe y'all can use it for a "bbq knife" ? Wink )

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh, you're gonna LOVE that Mnandi ! Big Grin

( mebbe y'all can use it for a "bbq knife" ? Wink )

Well then I'll need a suitable "bbq gun/holster" to go with it. That would be horrible... Big Grin

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Yup. Horrible Big Grin

Membership here does indeed have its *opportunity* costs... Wink

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Try a Hubertus

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post