SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Looking for folding pocket knife for carry in a business environment
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for folding pocket knife for carry in a business environment Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If wearing dress slacks, I never clip a knife at the top of the pocket.

a. It screams to be noticed by sheeple co-workers.
b. Even if the co-workers aren't sheeple (though mine are), it just looks all wrong with slacks or suit pants.
c. That's what the change pocket in slacks or suit pants is for.

A decent pair of slacks or suit pants has a small pocket sewn in the bottom of the right front pocket, for holding change. It's absurdly ineffective for keeping change in, but a four inch or longer handled folding knife will nicely ride upright in it, easier to access than if clipped to the pocket, and completely hidden. I've carried all manner of folding knives that way for years, in the office. I have a PM2 in my pocket right now.

Posts: 480 | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spyderco C152CFP Chaparral Folding Knife 2-13/16" CTS-XHP Plain Blade, Carbon Fiber Handles

Although there are many, this would be a great option!

Matt

Matthew Logan

Posts: 349 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I was in a similar predicament as you many moons ago, except that I was looking for a non-intimidating "gentleman's" knife for non-work carry. I looked at a lot of what was already mentioned in this thread, and settled on the Benchmade 480 Shoki. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued.

What I love about it, is that it's got wood on the handle, and a fairly thin blade. It doesn't scream CRAZY KNIFE GUY when I use it. It's just a nice, small knife, that handles daily duty. It's certainly nicer and more rugged than a Case, but it's nothing compared to that Chris Reeves Mnandi.

It'll fit in your pocket, and you won't even know it's there. It comes with a leather pocket clip, and a lanyard loop. It's a very well thought-out blade.

This looks like the replacement: 482 Megumi

I also found this Benchmade 318, which appears to be a new offering, and even more innocuous looking than the two previous ones I mentioned!!

If I didn't already have the Shoki, I'd pick one of those two up for the exact same reasons I outlined above.

Posts: 2297 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post