SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kydex for tomahawk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kydex for tomahawk Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know of a source for getting kydex holster for a cold steel pipe hawk?

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Do you have the ability to make your own? let me google and and maybe I can help.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Blade HQ has one in Nylon for $3.95 !!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sybo, thanks, I actually bought the nylon one and it lasted 2 trip and fell apart.

Was thinking a kydex or similar would last longer. I've never played with kydex, maybe it wouldn't be that hard to make one.

posted Hide Post
Here's probably more than you want but hey if you want to EDC a Hawk this might be the rig for you.

http://www.brtbladeworks.com/universal-blade-rig.html

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Here's probably more than you want but hey if you want to EDC a Hawk this might be the rig for you.

http://www.brtbladeworks.com/universal-blade-rig.html

I'm not EDCing a hawk, it's in my truck for when I go out in the middle of nowhere. Just want a cover for it that will be durable.

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have the equipment to do kydex, I just don’t know how it actually would work. Maybe leather with a strap and snap.

posted Hide Post
sybo,
Ideally no snaps, because it would get all kinds of muddy.
My ideal was that it would have a kydex piece that would semi-wrap around the handle.
The thing is this is a $40 tool, and I don't know if one can be made for less than $80.
Maybe I'll use some pvc pipe and just bungee paracord it.
Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
More like a hatchet than an axe? Single blade?

Several listings on ebay that might work but lots of snaps you don't have to use or could cut off --

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.htm...chet+sheath&_sacat=0

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post