SIGforum
Spyderco Delica 4

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/7960032924

August 21, 2017, 11:56 AM
badcopnodonut!!
Spyderco Delica 4
Ive aquired a few spydies over the years, but my newfound Delica 4 from the classifieds is quickly becoming my favorite EDC.

Its lightweight to the point of forgetting its there and the size is nearly perfect(for me).

Great job Spyderco.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.
August 21, 2017, 03:50 PM
henryarnaud
I'm a big fan of the Delica 4 FFG. I'd like to add the 2.5" Kahr version at some point. I've had a Benchmade and a few Emersons. The Delica is my favorite. To me, it's the "Goldilocks" knife...it's "just right."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes
August 22, 2017, 01:29 PM
GCE61
I've been EDC'ing a Paramilitary2 as my main knife. But, the Delica4 is also used for days I want something a little smaller or lighter.
Great knives! and with the KME Knife Sharpener they are like razors.
August 22, 2017, 02:45 PM
badcopnodonut!!
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
I've been EDC'ing a Paramilitary2 as my main knife. But, the Delica4 is also used for days I want something a little smaller or lighter.
Great knives! and with the KME Knife Sharpener they are like razors.

The PM2 is on my short list. Ive seen enough people say that its a "must have" knife to ignore it forever.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.
August 22, 2017, 04:01 PM
PKFan
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
The PM2 is on my short list. Ive seen enough people say that its a "must have" knife to ignore it forever.

I used that rationale when I bought my PM2. I never liked the blocky feel and the poor blade to handle length ratio bothered me. I sold it and have never been tempted again. I'd try to hold one before buying, if possible.
August 27, 2017, 04:35 PM
Minnow
My Delica 4 makes its way to the top of my EDC list regularly. It's one of those with the right weight, size and feel. On top of that, it stays crazy sharp.
I lost one a couple of years ago, did not take long to realize I had to replace it.

"Prepared in mind and resources"
August 29, 2017, 11:01 AM
pedropcola
Back when Krein would regrind these I got a Delica and an Endure ZDP189 blades reground. They are the closest to razor blades I have ever carried in my pocket.

I agree. The Delica/Endura lines hit all the sweet spots.
September 03, 2017, 06:44 PM
bamaman
Have had a delica for years now. For the price they are wonderful knives. Rugged, light, and hold an edge well
September 04, 2017, 11:57 AM
agony
My first 'real' knife was an original Clip It Delica with the integral FRN pocket clip. It served me very well in the 1990's until the lock finally got too loose when I was cutting casting material for a temporary splint I was making for a little girl with a broken arm.

They are a great little knife for light duty cutting tasks. I really should get one of the newer ones soon. I like the size a lot better than the Endura-sized knives.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"