SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Spyderco has completely replaced Benchmade for me
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spyderco has completely replaced Benchmade for me Login/Join 
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I have an old original Spyderco Delica that is usually my EDC knife. This Christmas, my wife got me a new Delica 4 Zome Green - I like it... she made me a lanyard for it and its been in my pocket since...

I had been thinking about the Para 3 LW, but for now the Delica 4 will do nicely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1888 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I always wanted a spyderco embassy auto.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
Nice wifey.
I have a Para 3 LW, it is very nice.
Hope you get one.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Years ago someone on here gave me a Spyderco Tenacious via a Karma.
I’d kept a list of folks who’d helped me with things on here as well as Karmas I’d won & from who.
Sadly that was lost when the phone that had the list locked up & was factory reset.
It started me into the Spyderco starter line.
I am awaiting the delivery of this 4” Military model (not the Para) which is to arrive on March 5th. Very anxious!
It’s time to finally get a “nice” Spyderco.
Though I’ve never been disappointed with the entry models I have .

I’ve been upgrading my others with new custom scales avoiding buying more but somethings are easier said than done.
I love the aftermarket upgrades available for these. Helps to keep interest in knives I already have.

As it is I’ve bought two other Tenacious folders and am giving them to friends that have mentioned an interest in Spyderco

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stay Classy!!
Picture of Crockett040
posted Hide Post
Where is everyone getting their upgraded scales from?

Some of those are beautiful

Posts: 396 | Location: Iowa | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Got these for the PM2 from DLT... 'RTG' burlap micarta.

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 220 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stay Classy!!
Picture of Crockett040
posted Hide Post
Hey Grumpybiker,

What are the bottom 2 models?

Posts: 396 | Location: Iowa | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
The Persistence & Ambitious

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
Nice collection there GrumpyBiker!

I do own the Manix 2 Lightweight, very nice EDCer.
I usually carry my Para 3 or Para 2, or Manix 2 non lightweight.
We know you can’t go wrong with any of our choices here, well made great slicers and cutters, easy to carry.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
The Surgery Center sent me a refund check so I was able to add the little brother to my PM2 by snagging a PM3 from a Spyderco Group member .

I didn’t really want two digital camo knives but for $85 why not?!
The Manix2 or the XL is on my “next to buy” list.
But I want to get my hands on one before I buy it.
Turned out I hated the 4” Military so I returned it. Don’t want to get into that habit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
NICE! Glad to see you picked up the PM3. How do you feel about the way it handles? For me, it doesn't replace the PM2, but when I need something a little smaller and handy in my shorts, the PM3 is a great size.

I love my wife, kids, dogs, Sigs, and Glocks, knives--In no particular order!

Posts: 690 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
That’s about my opinion on the PM3.
I much prefer the PM2 as it fits my hand better but the 3 is not so far off to make me not like it or want to sell it.
Kinda like carry pistols.
Different sizes for different weather & attire.

A little Spring rain on the PM3 seems appropriate today.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
This Coronavirus putting folks out of work has created a buyers market.
I’ve added the PM3 , a Red G10 PM2 w/ M390 blade & a Manix2 in Burple G10 w/ S110V blade
I’m finding a use for all this mandatory overtime the Department of Corrections has.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I am in the process of doing the same. I just bought a pacific salt for work, and a Tenacious lightweight for an EDC. Why didn't I realize how light these are to carry. Before this my earlier Spyderco (which I still have from 25 years ago....) is an older Mariner all steel versions.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
I am in the process of doing the same. I just bought a pacific salt for work, and a Tenacious lightweight for an EDC. Why didn't I realize how light these are to carry. Before this my earlier Spyderco (which I still have from 25 years ago....) is an older Mariner all steel versions.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry these quite a bit.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Spyderco H1 steel is all but impervious to salt water. Boye knives makes great knives for mariners, but I'd give the nod to the H1 steel over Boyes Colbalt stuff. Over everything else as far as that goes. Titanium sucks as a blade material.

Posts: 1916 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Digging this one. Arrived Wednesday.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

posted Hide Post
Really liking these

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Just got a Spyderco Para 3 LW, its in my pocket now. The McBee will be taking a break for a while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1888 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post