SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    If I Had To Replace 5 Knives........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I Had To Replace 5 Knives........ Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I had youtube on in the background earlier and something came on to the effect of if you lost all your knives and could only replace five, at least initially, what would those five be?

So I got to thinking and even though I have a fair few knives the answer came to mind fairly quickly and there was some surprises for me. Firearms would be a much harder mental exercise.

Now I don't own any super high dollar knives or rare limited runs per say so my choices are fairly boring.

1- SAK Cybertool. It was between this and the Champ. I have other multi tools (Leatherman, Gerber etc. as well as other SAK's) but the Cybertool gets replaced first.

2-Spyderco PM3 S110V. I just adore this knife. It is damn near my perfect knife.

3-Spyderco Lil' Temperance. Honestly this might be my perfect knife. It goes back and forth between the PM3 and this. I love this chunky little guy.

4-Benchmade North Fork. I haven't bought any new Benchmades since the kerfluffle and I don't really plan to but that said I would probably replace my North Fork. I just love everything about this one from the action, to the size, to the blade shape etc. Its my favorite Benchmade.

5-Benchmade 581 Barrage in M390. Again not a current Benchmade guy at heart but I REALLY like this knife. I like the appearance of it, I like the steel, I like the axis lock. If there is one thing I don't like it is the assisted opening as I generally prefer a manual operation but This knife makes the cut so to speak.

I have many other knives from other brands but It only took me a scant few minutes to mentally come up with these 5.

So what are your 5?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Green mini Emerson CQC7 with tanto blade.

Mini Emerson A100

Dayglo Swiss Army knife

Spyderco Techno

Small Sebenza

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I watch Metal Complex as well .

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Is that what it was? It was on in the background while I was working and auto played from something else.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Sebenza. Hype aside, it really is a phenomenal knife. Rock solid. Sharp as a razor. Big enough to use but small enough to not get in the way. Not overly threatening, especially while closed. Love the thing.

Emmerson Commander. The Anti-Sebenza. Big. Burly. Scary. Has a skull on the lanyard. Love the thing, but it's not a knife to pull out around non knife people if it can be avoided.

Dragon's Breath Gentleman. Pretty much an ideal EDC fixed blade. Thin, light, unbelievably sharp, good looking. It won't serve as a prybar, but it can probably neatly slice atoms.

Falkniven F1. For MY needs, this is an ideal outdoors knife. I'm not using it to chop down trees, and it's plenty of blade for anything short of that.

5 is actually a tie that I'd have to flip a coin over. Both are Bark River, but very different knives.
5a Bark River Chute Knife. It's a little short for a chute knife (4.25 blade) and the swedge isn't sharpened, but its an incredibly handy little knife and is wonderfully made. I've found myself carrying it pretty much constantly when I'm off lately.

5b Bark River MACV Recon. I really don't have a practical use for this. It's *much) larger than I can really justify carrying most of the time and it's really too nice for me to abuse. I'd rather beat up an old Kabar than this one. At the same time, it's bloody gorgeous and the fit and finish is fantastic. It's also the sharpest factory edge I've ever seen on a knife this big (7 inches and a quarter inch thick). I don't WANT to beat it up, but I have zero doubt it would handle any task I threw at it just fine, including skinning a TRex.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has a skull on the lanyard.

I LOL’d at this. I am picturing opening the old Lean Cuisine in the break room with this. Smile. Also I feel that one should say. “EXCUUUSE ME WHILE I WHIP THIS OUT.” Smile

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Is that what it was? It was on in the background while I was working and auto played from something else.

Yep.

https://youtu.be/Cfx4Yng8jr0

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Protech Godson Auto
Zero Tolerance Z0350
ESEE Xancudo Fixed
ESEE-4 3D
ESEE-6 3D

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Cold Steel Master Hunter
Cold Steel Bushmaster
ZT Gibbs
Spyderco Rescue
Boken Ceramic

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post