SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kamp King Knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kamp King Knife Login/Join 
posted
My dad gave me his dad's knife. It's a Kamp King made by Imperial.

It has a few rust spots that need cleaned up and I was hoping for some recommendations on the best way to remove rust. There are only a few spots of rust. I have some Flitz, Bar Keep, Ballistol, and Hoppes #9 handy Smile

The blades have hardly any scratches and looks to be very lightly used. As I understand it, these were made in the 60's and early 70's. My grand dad died in mid to late 1960's if I remember correctly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimineer,

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
4 ought steel wool and light oil (like 3 in 1) is what I would use. Flitz would probably work instead. Keep the oil off the handles-the scales are plastic and some types of oil will soften them.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Never tried this on a knife, but on a chromed bicycle wheel, I've had a lot of luck with a piece of aluminum foil.

Just wet the aluminum foil and gently rub.

Best of luck!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I have one that my grandfather carried in his fishing lure box, 1936-1952 date range.

Here's a link to the tang stamp dates.

http://www.bladeforums.com/thr...-stamp-chart.554106/

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hi-power man:
I have one that my grandfather carried in his fishing lure box, 1936-1952 date range.

Here's a link to the tang stamp dates.

http://www.bladeforums.com/thr...-stamp-chart.554106/

Thanks for the link to the date stamps. Mine would be the 1956 - 1988 date range.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post