SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Running Quills-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Running Quills-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
just received a nice pile of old Nicholson files from a good friend and repeat customer. several of them are small and i think they would perfect for some Quill neck knives. i normally leave these with no handle scales, but i was thinking i might do some sort of handle on a few of them. any suggestions? this is what the standard Quill looks like.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I like that simplicity.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i like it too. maybe i will just do a few of them with a few chamfered holes in the handle to add a bit of flair.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a simple leather or paracord wrap?

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
that might be an option as well. good idea. i even have some micro paracord that would look nice. i also have a short, wide file that i think will make a neat bowie blade neck knife. that should be fun to make. now i have to get after it.

dozer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
..... i also have a short, wide file that i think will make a neat bowie blade neck knife. that should be fun to make. now i have to get after it.

dozer

Yes. Yes you do.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
I am finishing a Kitsune EDC file knife and probably starting on the little Quills tomorrow. They usually don't take too long to make.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Saweeeeeet⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. i went ahead and finished the bowie style file knife first. just a hair over 7.0" long, this could be a small EDC pocket carry or a neck knife. i gave it a dark charcoal etched finish.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
finishing up the first of the Quills today and watching the rain pour here. man, i hate the rain. ready for some warm, dry weather. will post some shots when i get the chance. i have some slight changes to this batch of knives.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i got so busy making Quills and shipping them, that i completely forgot to take any new pics. we did just complete another little EDC file design that is going to be a new standard. here are some pics.

dozer

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
That is sharp! Smile

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, it was a variant of the original. we gave this one a more standard blade shape. we liked it so much that we are working on a batch of these right now. they are also a bit smaller than the first batch. these are only 6.0" overall, great size for a neck knife or carrying in a jean pocket with one of our clip sheaths.

dozer