SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Microtech Halo Question?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microtech Halo Question? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I don't really understand the Microtech Halo IV. It looks as though the blade extends through the back of the knife and is only flush when extended. Is that correct or does the back part extend separately for some other purpose?

What is the purpose or intent of this? How do you carry such a beast?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Halo knife isn't like other OTF knives. The button only fires the blade. The piece out the bottom is how the blade is "cocked" back into the handle. The one I have is first generation and I can tell you it fires out the front with severe authority.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Ah. Thanks dedguy

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Interesting! I think it would scare me too much to own one.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Wow. I just looked up the price of these.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Wow. I just looked up the price of these.

kkina,
I know, right?
It won't be hard to NOT have that one on my list.
I bought the Combat Troodon.
I will most likely buy an Ultratech at some time in the future.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I'm not a huge fan of the Single Action OTF knives like the Halos. I know I will eventually need to buy one for my collection but I don't think it would get much carry time. The pop up in the Microtech Groups for around $500.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post