SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Flippin' Saturdays, amiright?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flippin' Saturdays, amiright? Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
just putting the finishing touches on something new here at the knife farm. kinda rainy today, so i was working on this fella all day.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Nice. Take that, Benchmade. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i am pretty pleased with this one.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Love this!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. i wanted to do something unique, but maybe a bit more traditional than ones i have made in the past. a little more down to earth, so to speak. i had a buddy help me out with setting up the speeds on the mill when we did the handles. i have a mill, but i am still learning a lot in that area. cutting curved slots was something i hadn't done before.

dozer

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
It looks the blade longer than the handles. Is that an illusion? How does it close and not leave them pointy and sharp bits exposed? Smile

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
no, that is just the angle of the pics. i am not the best photographer and was trying to get an angle that didn't have a glare or shine on the blade or handles.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
It is a handsome blade! I think the crime scene blade really makes it pop.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
glad you like it. i am gonna make one for myself, if i can find the time. the curved handles feel great in the hand.

dozer

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Very nice work! That is awesome!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i like to do something different every now and again. keeps things interesting around here.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Real beauty!

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. i may start offering this one as a standard model. you never know.

dozer