SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    How's this for a fish-knife?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How's this for a fish-knife? Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Wonder if this would have any trouble going through TSA. Next is a bigger piece for a swordfish.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Looks like a well made prison shank made out of frozen poo.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Um, do i understand correctly that it's dried Bonito ? Confused

Oh, by the way, how was your Osetchi ? My wife made her delicious Ozoni... Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Um, do i understand correctly that it's dried Bonito ? Confused

Oh, by the way, how was your Osetchi ? My wife made her delicious Ozoni... Big Grin

Yes, the same stuff you shake onto your rice ball. I wonder what it's like to be stabbed by a fish fillet.

Osetchi was oishikatta! My father really enjoyed it. I think it was a long time since he last had traditional Japanese new years treats. It may have been first time for my mother, since she's Chinese.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, the same stuff you shake onto your rice ball. I wonder what it's like to be stabbed by a fish fillet.

Osetchi was oishikatta! My father really enjoyed it. I think it was a long time since he last had traditional Japanese new years treats. It may have been first time for my mother, since she's Chinese.

Thanks Smile

To be "stabbed by a fish fillet," indeed Big Grin - LOL !

Finally, was able to see the first part of the video. Chuckled at the fast forward. Yup, katsuobushi is not only hard, but delicious ! ! ! Love it on okonomiyaki Wink

So happy your father enjoyed the Osetchi. You sure went all out; it was beautiful Big Grin

Hope your mom enjoyed it, too Smile

There was only a 'big' pack of uni, but talked to the fish monger at the market and he made a smaller pack for my wife - she loves uni !

Douzo yoroshiku to your dad Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post