SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What do you use to wipe down your EDC blade?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you use to wipe down your EDC blade? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If it is stainless, I use nothing. It doesn't need anything.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Baby wipes

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Breakfree CLP.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Nothing usually, but I have a microfiber rag (the kind that comes with Chris Reeve knives) soaked in slip2000 that I use on guns that I sometimes use for blades.

Posts: 7414 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Nano Oil on the pivot, rubbing alcohol for the blade when it gets gunky followed by a hot water rinse.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
What I've been using for years: Gibb's Lube.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
+1 on Froglube; for pivots currently using KPL, both work great for my uses.

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 220 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use flitz as a polish .then a lite coat of eezox
it leaves no greasy mess

Posts: 3 | Location: U S A | Registered: June 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use flitz as a polish.then a lite coat of eezox
no greasy mess

Posts: 3 | Location: U S A | Registered: June 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My EDC is a Benchmade Phaeton, if the blade should happen to need a cleaning, hot tap water with dawn dish soap does the trick for me, followed by a wipe on my jeans.

Posts: 13665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All my carbon steel blades get rubbed down with coconut oil. Very prominent knife maker friend advised me and I do what he says.

Shelf stable, cheap, food safe and the main ingredient in a lot of 'food safe' lubes.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post