SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Knife Sheath
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knife Sheath Login/Join 
posted
Can anyone recommend a good custom sheath maker?

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kydex or Leather?
What style of sheath- Right hand drop sheath, cross draw?
What type of knife- User, Custom?
What's the intended use- Hiking, Camping, Hunting?

I got Dan Crotts from Dozier Knives to make me an excellent kydex cross draw sheath.
Paul Long makes excellent leather sheaths.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Tom Kelley at Dark Star Gear if you want Kydex.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Can we get a picture of the knife?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pirtlemade.com

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've used Paul Long for some leather, David Brown of Buy Brown for Kydex, both are among the best. My last two leather sheaths were made my Lance Nixon of Nixon Leather, he did an outstanding job, he's only on FB.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I was talking to R Grizzle Leather (Ryan Grizzle) about having him make me a couple of custom knife sheaths. (I haven't gone forward with the plan, yet.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post