SIGforum
Disappointed With NEW Buck 501 Squire

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/7490040274

July 06, 2020, 05:39 PM
Hobbs
Disappointed With NEW Buck 501 Squire
Last week on 7/2, ordered a Buck 501 Squire [0501BKSDLT-B CAT 12334 02/07/2019] from DLT Trading.

Received the knife today 7/6. Fast shipping even with the holiday. And the price ($84.95) was Awesome for S35VN steel and Linen Micarta !!! However, I'm quite disappointed with the fit and finish of this Buck 501 Squire.

With blade closed, there is SO much blade play, the knife actually in the heck RATTLES when shaken. The blade moves so much side to side it would strike the liners were it not for the fact the blade is hollow ground.

Oh, and the back spring is flush with the handle and the blade locks up pretty tight (insignificant play) when open, but the handle is proud of the back spring at the tang when closed. These things I can live with. The knife isn't a one off museum piece intended as a locker queen after all ... BUT ... the blade play when closed is a whole 'nother thing. I have dozens of pocket knives and NEVER seen anything like this ... RATTLES when closes ?!?!?! WTF Buck

So I contacted a Buck Warranty Representative by phone and she advised I email warranty@buckknives.com for a shipping label and instructions.

So I just did just that and am awaiting a reply before returning this knife to the Buck mother ship. THEN and AFTER they get it ... 4-6 week wait before I get it back. Shoot

(There is no blade discoloration ... lighting)

July 07, 2020, 12:55 AM
Hobbs
Buck promptly replied to my email earlier this evening with a UPS return label. Fast response. Off to the UPS store in the morning. Guess I'll update this thread in a month to a month and a half with Buck warranty repair experience.

Goodbye 501 Squire. Have fun in Post Falls, Idaho

July 08, 2020, 11:45 AM
Budrow
I love the upgraded steel and micarta on that model. It reminds me of my first knife which was a Buck Duke model. I'm sure that Buck will do you right!
July 11, 2020, 06:55 PM
pedropcola
I’ve got that exact knife. Except mine is nearly 40 years old. Lol. Good knife.
July 24, 2020, 09:44 AM
ruger357
Buck is a great company and knife. They will take care of you. I assume this knife is made in the USA.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor