SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Cerakoting an HK Turmoil

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cerakoting an HK Turmoil Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I'm curious if anyone's cerakoted the handle part of their knife? According to the specs my Turmoil's handles are T6 Aluminum. I have the "sand" color but it's actually more of a metallic tan...almost gold. Just bouncing the idea around. I assume the knife would have to be disassembled?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 3862 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
Picture of Dusty78
posted Hide Post
OTF's are finicky. I wouldn't mess with it.

Posts: 11107 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I took apart a cheap OTF (Lightning) and it never worked well after I put it back together.

Posts: 934 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
The turmoil/tumult/epidemic are quite easy to take apart and put back together. The mechanism is quite simple, really.

When the finish wears off of my edc turmoil, I'll be cerakoting it.

Here's a video on how to disassemble/reassemble your knife (the tumult and turmoil are very similar in design)

I recommend you do it anyway just to remove the crud that collects in there and to ensure there isn't any excess lube.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26359 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
Picture of Dusty78
posted Hide Post
I just read that Benchmade is no longer making OTF's for HK. I would leave it be if that's the case.

Posts: 11107 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post